Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

She Fired up!

Started by LMS, June 24, 2023, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMS

The new O-ring fixed it. I bought a few sizes. The one that matched up to the original was too thick so it would not snap in. The one that worked was tiny and had to be stretched like crazy to fit into groove. But it worked so I'll take it. And since you get a bag of 25 for like 6 bucks, if they wear, no biggie.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

SoCal250

You should lightly oil the O-ring with a dab of two-stroke before connecting the two sides. It will keep the O-rings from tearing and make them last longer. I keep mine lubricated and no issues so far (same Motion-Pro dual-shutoff quick disconnects).
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

LMS

LMS

Finally had some time here and there to get the bike almost sorted. Fixed the rear brake as it wasn't grabbing well. I tried so many different configurations to try and rid myself of all the linkage in the rear set, but just wasn't going to happen. Chain was loose after first few rides, fixed that. I added a foldable peg for the kick start side and bent the kick lever some as it barely touched the brake lever peg, so that works a treat now. I was able to move the pipes in toward the tire more, this allowed me to remove almost all the shims, pegs and rear-sets wise. The side stand looks like a piece of spaghetti, but it now tucks up against the frame. Attached a half inch aluminum block to bottom so the lean isn't so bad now. Front brake caliper needs to be rebuilt; the inside puck/pad is dragging on disc. Tried cleaning out that tiny pin hole in master but that didn't help.

LMS

Can anything be done about a grabby clutch. I really can't slip it all that much taking off in first. I let it out and it pretty much just grabs. The person before put Barnett springs in it, then took 3 out and replaced those with stock. I have no idea what type of clutch plates are in there, guessing Barnett as well.

m in sc

i like ebc springs and barnette frictions plates are grabby as you say, i dont like them tbh. try some 2050 castrol synthetic 4t motorcycle oil in the trans. might calm id down

LMS

2 Smoker

Quote from: AAAltered on June 25, 2023, 09:40:50 AMRegarding the rearset interference.... If you have a torch and vise, they can be bent.
The easy way is to use an RZ kick lever.  It's plug and play.

Ohhhh Pretty

LMS

Front brake caliper shims, mine don't have them, but they are in a box of parts I got with bike, are they really needed? Thx.

m in sc