Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rrd400 Aluminum swingarm question

Started by Joshua, July 27, 2019, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

I am fitting my swingarm and I noticed a gap pictured below. I'm making an assumption that it is best to squeeze the gap closed but wanted to make sure. The front rim assembly I used a spacer that Garret provided when I bought the blue dot caliber bracket, which was awesome by the way. He was super awesome to deal with. The swingarm seems to be able to flex, so I didn't know.

I keep thinking that if I use a spacer in any way it will throw the alignment off and mess with the caliper alignment. I probably answered my own question. Probably should start a build thread so I can keep my silly questions in one place.  Anyway, thanks all for the encouragement on this forum.

Joshua

Full view. I hate resizing pics.

GRA2STROKES

I would think you would just tighten it up to the wheel. It's not a huge gap.

Garrett

Joshua

Yeah. I'm an idiot, tightened right up.

paul1478

No your just overthinking it just like I do to everything
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

bitzz

Before you start cranking down on that nut, I would decide which is he right dimension.
Have you compared the stock swingarm to the new one?

sev

I would check your sprockets line up and then get new spacers made up if needed. You will most probably need spacers for both sides to keep the wheel central. I am having to do the same for a MotoLanna swingman but much larger.

Joshua

Thanks, when I get the motor together I'll check everything for straight when it's closer to being finished. I'll have to set up everything as so much is changing. Can't do that yet. Soon enough.

BCRD