Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

my Lightweight monospine RD350- weight thread and musings

Started by m in sc, April 08, 2019, 11:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

its a fantastic proven brake setup. also can use an 11mm master cyl.

TPR5

oxford

Quote from: Dvsrd on November 01, 2022, 10:34:22 AM
Quote from: m in sc on November 01, 2022, 10:16:10 AM
believe the caliper is from an FZ1, rotor is from an fzr600. as far as weight... its  a LOT lighter than a stock one, thats all i remember.
Thanks! On my 350, I have a drilled stock disc (saves maybe 150 g) and an alloy repop caliper from EC. Caliper is great, and a lot lighter than stock. I am considering a custom ISR disc for the stock carrier, but the weight saving potential is limited to 450 g/ 1lb or so, due to the pad track width. Going to a 4 pot caliper would allow a much lighter disc, even at a larger diameter. Will have to ponder this a bit......

You can save a little more weight with your setup if you get some aluminum pistons for the caliper from Eric at oily pipes gang (202wagon). The stock rotor can also be thinned  down, I would have to measure them but iirc I took mine down to 5mm.  The carriers can also have some material removed but it's not a huge weight savings in them.

m in sc

incidentally, i just sent somebody a link to this thread. forgot to update, it sunder the target weight dry now (weighed at gap this year again). was right at 241 with 1.25 gallons of fuel in the tank, which puts it under 235, barely.  :patriot:  :metal: