Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400 under construction

Started by rd400greenhorn, February 16, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400greenhorn

So.. The old 2sw page went down, and gone was Also my 3 year old build thread..  :harley:

But here we Are now, and Iam Thankfull for everyone making the New 2 stroke world happen!  :patriot:

My status quo on the build is :

Currently having problems with front and rear wheel, getting Hard to spin when the nuts Are tightened, so i Will try to address this tomorrow.

Engine :
My refurb crank is not going clean in the casing because the Guy Who refurb the crank, used longer pins in the middel bearings, which makes it Hard to assemble the 2 casings.
Solution: either I grind a bit of the pins or i make more room in the pin holes in the casings.? Not sure what Iam gonna do yet.

Stay tuned for more pictures and updates guys :metal:

rd400greenhorn

Early update. :clap:

Turned out my problem with the wheels was the caliper hitting the disc, so a shim om every mounting bolt moving the caliper ever so slitely Got the job done. They Both turn smootly, No problems, with the calipers in place.
Happy days

:toot:

rd400greenhorn

So, finally i Got to it and heres an update :)

Status quo :

Currently working on the engine and getting my crank to sit propberly ( problem is being addressed in Another thread) :)
Took apart the gear selector and cleaned everything up and refit with New bolt and lock tite.
I am addressing the gear box Next, maybe taking it apart and cleaning it or cleaning it as it sits with cleaning petrol.

Had the trac dynamics alu swingarm powder as the frame and fitted it with bronze bushings.
The frame is up on wheels and it feels good ( remember i have never tried and rd and never sit on a finished bike, i bought a frame and have been building it up gratually, so Its a big deal for me😁)
Cant wait to ride it

I am working on having my front brake line (HEL), without the adapter and have it made with only a banjo connection.

I Will Also be fitting a yamaha raptor 660 Fuel petcock to my Fuel tank in the near future ( quality instead of those crap chinese replica original ones :)

Also recieved some yz85 v force reeds Ported to match
So i Will be grinding to make them fit the cylinders.
A Boost bootle and a 90 degree Fuel tap to my raptor 660 conversion. (thanks chuck :patriot:)

The picture with the engine in is only for show and test look 😁

rd400greenhorn

:clap:

rd400greenhorn

:toot:

SUPERTUNE

Hans,
No big deal just divit out the cases to fit the longer pins, not critical, just be sure they go all the way in away from the top case parting surface.
EASY!  :wave:

Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

rd400greenhorn

Chuck
Do you have pictures of the proces of making room for the work done to the engine cases?

teazer

I think he means for you to deepen/lengthen the existing retaining slots so that the bigger roll pins will fit.  5 minutes with a dremmel tool and carbide bit.

rd400greenhorn

So..its 1.30 at night here and Iam going to bed.

I have been making room for the middle pids on the crank, in the cases, cleaned everything up and Got it to sit and just 15 min ago i Got the to engine cases together. Hopefully i remembered everything and did it right and Got it Nice and tight.

Tomorrow i Will be addressing the cylinders, They need work done to accomodate the v force reeds.

Is  there Any trick to it? Or is it grind and check and grind until it fits?
:patriot:

motosapien

Some Gammas, RZ350 and Hybrid Ape that Ed T is building since 2018

rd400greenhorn

I believe Its, Wurth, brand.crank case sealent  :umm:

motosapien

Quote from: rd400greenhorn on March 04, 2019, 01:27:47 PM
I believe Its, Wurth, brand.crank case sealent  :umm:

good to know! I have always used THREEBOND
Some Gammas, RZ350 and Hybrid Ape that Ed T is building since 2018

rd400greenhorn

Okay :). Yes well its my first engine assembly but the Wurth should do the job. I certaibly Hope so 😁

rd400greenhorn

Small update

I bought a set of steel braided hel brake lines for the rd a Long time ago, but the front line had the adapter for the original setup.
But I wanted the more clean simple connection with a banjo bolt, so i Got in contact with a fut who Does brake line work and he made it work, now Its ready to go on the bike  :toot:

rd400greenhorn

So..
Got the petcock fitted with a extra outlet, Hopefully Its sealed and working 😁

Also, ordered som. Parts for the clutch Iam missing)( believe Its for a xs but should work on the rd)

Stay tuned