News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Off to paint

Started by paul1478, December 03, 2019, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERTUNE

My original graphics guy that did my Yellow screamer the first time 16 years ago moved to canada and sold his plotter So my other long time graphics guy did a remake in much more modern materials and Pauls job is the ginny pig other than the first guy was a dope!
They will be for sale soon as he's also making the one for the '78 seat tail cowl.
Then on to making them for the RD350 and the Daytona Special hopefully in the summer.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

m in sc

sweet, i thought that looked familiar.  :toot:

SUPERTUNE

These new ones have the Yamaha tuning fork and some special black highlighting...(pinstriping)
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

paul1478

I got my pained tank back yesterday. Looks good not perfect two small defects but I've had enough waiting. Put everything back together rinsed out the gas tank Put fresh gas in two-stroke oil in it and started up for the first time in five months.
Rode around the neighborhood. It ran well So I took it out for a nice little ride.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

paul1478

40 miles into the ride I noticed a little decrease in power and then the motor locked up. I was able to pull over put the bike in neutral and try to start it again. Kickstarter would not budge. I had to call my wife to bring my truck and ramps and some straps.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

paul1478

When I got home I pulled out the spark plugs. And this is what the one on the left side look like. something must've been in the tank or something must've been plugged in the carburetor. I was just cruising in about 5000 RPMs. So bad news I need to top end. But the good news is I get to go visit my buddy Chuck. I want to get it down to them as soon as possible so he can work on it and have it ready before deals gap. If anybody can figure out why it blew up it would be him.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

Jspooner

did you bleed your pump and lines upon initial start up?
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

paul1478

No I'm on pre-mix. I mix 40 to 1 like I always do the same container fresh gas good suggestion though.  Something changed from when I wrote it last and put it back together that's for darn sure
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

Czakky

Bummer! I'd pull the petcock to see if there was any debris in the fuel...

paul1478

Yes. I will and empty the tank again. I'm heading Down to Clearwater Thursday with the bike so MR Supertune can see what caused it and fix it. My wife says it is cursed. Last year was the power dynamo blowing up and now the top end.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

rodneya

Pull the fuel line off the left carb and check flow before taking anything apart. I see you have inline filters on the carb lines. These filters get blocked quite easily, thats why a lot of guys refuse to run them.

pdxjim

Bummer.

Just cruising along, my guess would be an air leak somewhere on the side that shows damage.

The other plug looks good?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

paul1478

Quote from: pdxjim on March 27, 2020, 02:53:54 PM
Bummer.

Just cruising along, my guess would be an air leak somewhere on the side that shows damage.

The other plug looks good?
Yes. It looks a little black if anything.
Good idea. I'll check.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

Evans Ward

Hate to read that Paul but confident you and Chuck will figure out the root cause and get it repaired quickly.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

teazer

Detonation for sure, but at 5,000 cruising the main jet is not really in play.  There may be a blockage or timing issue, but ask Chuck to check needle jets and needles.  That's where most two strokes fail on the street.

Rarely a main jet problem - usually needle and needle jet.