Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

THE MUSIC THREAD

Started by pdxjim, December 24, 2019, 02:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Quote from: 1976RD400C on September 03, 2021, 12:35:16 PM
Went to the Hall & Oats with Squeeze show the other night. Daryl seemed to take a bit to get going but did good. Squeeze blew everyone away, what a tight band.  :olaf:

Yes!  I'm in a Squeeze fans group on FB, and they've been getting rave reviews for this tour with basically everyone saying the same as you.

I (first and only time) saw Squeeze was their first reunion tour, when I was a junior in HS at the UCBerkeley Greek Theater in 1985.  They played most of the songs off "Singles - 45's and Under" and the hits off the current record "Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti".  I had been to small venue punk rock shows before that, but Squeeze that night was my first big band at a big venue. Mind blowing experience .... but I'm sure the blotter was helping  :whistle:

1985 setlist here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/squeeze/1985/william-randolph-hearst-greek-theatre-berkeley-ca-63dc4ea3.html
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

SoCal250

Quote from: 1976RD400C on September 03, 2021, 12:35:16 PM
Went to the Hall & Oats with Squeeze show the other night. Daryl seemed to take a bit to get going but did good. Squeeze blew everyone away, what a tight band.  :olaf:
That does sound like an awesome show! :thumbs:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

soonerbillz

I've got tickets to a Friday night BÖC  show in October..Dallas, then tickets to the next night in Austin..
Gonna be a rocking weekend!

soonerbillz

A sad note..
UFO announced they are done.. final shows in Europe..

pdxjim

Lights out for UFO.

That was a helluva run.  How many original members are still out there doing it?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

soonerbillz

Today was a David Allen Coe day..
Wrenching, whisky and spending time remembering my youth.
  My grandma was good Irish catholic woman. She never approved of my lifestyle.. but she loved me.. that much I know.
At least never got run over by a God damn train...

Hail Satin

Quote from: pdxjim on September 03, 2021, 11:00:39 PM
Lights out for UFO.

That was a helluva run.  How many original members are still out there doing it?

Man, I'm so stoked to see that people remember UFO :olaf: Saw them 27 times and
caught the last 2 shows in L.A. back in 2019.

Only Phil and Andy from the old guard but it was great to see Neil Carter return to
the fold after Paul Raymond passed.

Still am a huge UFO Head, hence the fascination with V's lol...

Cheers!

Joe

Sorry if this double posted!

m in sc

UFO is great for sure. VERY underrated/recognized.

side note, last night:

:olaf:

note the drum set for opening band Sabaton: 2 big yamaha logos on the 'tank' drum riser.

Hail Satin

Quote from: m in sc on September 14, 2021, 04:34:16 PM
UFO is great for sure. VERY underrated/recognized.

side note, last night:

:olaf:

note the drum set for opening band Sabaton: 2 big yamaha logos on the 'tank' drum riser.

Nice! Now that's a drum riser!

Wish Algy Ward and the guys from Tank would have done something like that on the drums!

dgorms

Joe, that's an impressive set up! Love the Bigsby...................................D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

2 Stroke Jamoke

Just saw judas priest on their 50th anniversary tour. They killed it! The set list was incredible, Rob's singing was a little rough but still very good. Hell he is 70 years old!

Hail Satin

Quote from: 2 Stroke Jamoke on September 14, 2021, 11:43:35 PM
Just saw judas priest on their 50th anniversary tour. They killed it! The set list was incredible, Rob's singing was a little rough but still very good. Hell he is 70 years old!

Thank you so much Brother! The Lonnie Mack is a hoot to play (baseball bat neck and all) and the Bigsby is
pretty surfadelic :thumbs:

While the smart kids in the neighborhood had savings accounts, me and my delinquent friends however...

Cheers!

Joe

Hail Satin

Quote from: dgorms on September 14, 2021, 07:23:34 PM
Joe, that's an impressive set up! Love the Bigsby...................................D

Damn, quoted the wrong post...

Thanks so much my Brother!

Yeah, my mind was a terrible thing to waste lol...