Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

75 rd350 cafe

Started by odie, May 01, 2020, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odie

Hi All,

I had a build going on the old forum but a lot of time has passed since I have touched the bike between moving several times and just not having the space to work on the bike so it's been in storage for about 4 years.

Short story of the bike is I pulled it out of a barn in 2015 where it had been sitting since 1980. I was in college at the time and just wanted a fun two stroke project to build.

The bike was in rough shape when I acquired it and as it was stored but had dealt with the New England humidity for over 35 years. Before tearing into the bike I was able to get spark but the engine had too many air leaks so I started tearing it down. The engine has been rebuilt now, frame and everything else sandblasted and powder coated, the old tank was too far gone so I was able to find a clean one and use the old tank to help build the cafe seat.

Currently, I'm working on wiring up the powerdynamo/ vape which seems to be where I have been held up for the past 4 years. Now that I have a garage and all my tools with time during this quarantine, figured it would by a good time to get this started again.

Below are the pictures I have of the project. I just received an order from economy Cycle  and I will try my best to document the rest of this a little bit better as I work on getting this up and going. I'm sure I'll have lot of questions as I've been away from this project for so long I'm pretty much starting fresh.

odie

odie

85RZwade

Awesome. A word I try not to use often! Love the seat unit, and all the better that it used to be a tank.
I post waayyy too much

RDFL

Agree on the seat, looks like it is comfortable too.