Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

TZ750 Manifolds

Started by mavguy, May 22, 2020, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavguy

I believe the YFS200  and YZ80 reed valve are a direct bolt on to TZ750, so could one also use the manifolds from these.......?

teazer

Look for the Blaster part numbers.  Many YZ80 models had smaller reeds.

I had a 750 top end on a TZ350 and I used those reeds but I don't remember which manifolds I used.  YZ85 are at an angle so they won't work so it makes me wonder in the blaster or YZ80 are straight on.  If so, they should work.

1976RD400C

The only manifold I found that fit the bigger bolt pattern and the carb fits on straight are Yamaha Tri Z. They also have a fitting for a crossover tube though.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

yz 80/yz85 are same pattern as stock rd.  i assume you are looking for the larger bolt pattern?

mavguy

Quote from: m in sc on May 24, 2020, 10:50:42 AM
yz 80/yz85 are same pattern as stock rd.  i assume you are looking for the larger bolt pattern?

Need them for my TZ750 project.

Regards

mavguy

Need to know if any other motorcycle be used as a donor for the Manifolds.

DesmoDrew

The only manifolds which fit  correctly on TZ750 cylinders are TZ750 manifolds.  People have tried for years to find a different solution/option. It doesn't exist.

mavguy

Quote from: DesmoDrew on May 27, 2020, 03:26:18 PM
  The only manifolds which fit  correctly on TZ750 cylinders are TZ750 manifolds.  People have tried for years to find a different solution/option. It doesn't exist.
Where do I get.those then?

DesmoDrew

Your best bet is to enquire on the North American Two Stroke (NATS) forum.  Lots of racers there.

teazer

From TZ-Mike or from Yamaha if they are still available.

TZ-Mike used to be a member on NATS.  Not sure if he still is.

RDFL

Jspooner

Quote from: RDFL on May 28, 2020, 04:13:20 PM
This guy in Hollywood might have some, has tons of TZ stuff. --  https://www.ebay.com/itm/TZ-YAMAHA-250-350-NICO-BAKKER-ORIGINAL-GAS-TANK-ALUMINIUN-LATES-TZ-MODELS/183764105028?hash=item2ac931b744:g:c0AAAOSwQJhUddp2

^^^^Looks like he's got mostly 250/350 stuff^^^^^.............there's a guy in the UK that has a set on eBay right now, would end costing about 400.00 by the time you get them here. He's actually has a lot of OEM and replica TZ stuff. 
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

EE

I've gotten them from TZ- Mike before. Another option would be the billet style manifolds so I've reached out to a couple guys to see if there's something available. A couple of the early banshee monoblock cylinders used CR125 reedcages that are the same bolt pattern.

GRA2STROKES

I'm almost positive I have a set of tz reeds and intake boots on the shelf. Want me to look?

Garrett

mavguy

Quote from: GRA2STROKES on May 31, 2020, 05:24:27 PM
I'm almost positive I have a set of tz reeds and intake boots on the shelf. Want me to look?

Garrett
That would be great. Thanks.