Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

2007 Cagiva 125

Started by boars, March 21, 2019, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boars

My fiance wanted to learn to wrench on something so I bought this little beast. *

She's got to get it roadworthy (no lights, mirrors, etc and a general tidy up required) and get her license to boot.

Parts slowly trickling in from late night internet splurging - hope to have her on the road in a couple of weeks.

Nice to have a 2T in the garage again, look forward to borrowing this one for a blat or two.
At least until my RZ250 arrives... assuming my purchase goes through without issues.

*Disclaimer: I might love the Mito shape - so when she's done with it and moved onto something else, I'm sure I'll find a way to keep it :P

boars

Stock 'zaust has seen far better days so got a Giannelli pipe and muffler.
Slight fitment issue (about 1mm too close to the swing arm) so have to adjust that somehow.

It doesn't sound too shabby for a little thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fa8CTdywig
(could we previously embed YouTube?)

Everything the bike needs for rego has arrived, with the exception of the indicators - which got cancelled several weeks after ordering them due to no stock - thanks boys!
A couple more weeks and she'll be ready to get a bit further afield.

boars

Seems I fail at attaching images, fixed, probably.

busa1300

Those are beautiful little bikes.
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

boars

We finally got all the road gear on it and all the little kinks ironed out.
With a little luck she'll get her roadworthy'd tomorrow.

A day ahead of my booking and she wouldn't start, Murphy's law struck slightly early, thankfully.
Seems my 2 month old battery had a bad cell, wouldn't retain a charge and was basically useless for starting the bike.  :bang:
Got a new sucker with a bit more juice, so fingers crossed the (official) road test goes fine and I can get it registered on Monday.

Took her for an extremely short shakedown run and forgot just how much poke these old bikes don't have at low RPM - kind of hilarious.
It's been a while since I've ridden a 2-stroke, let alone a low CC bike.

Looking forward to taking her out for a more spirited run where I can get onto some proper roads and somewhere I'm not concerned about making a little noise ;)
Although first stop I think will be to get some new tyres.