Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

75 RD 350 Deals Gap 2019 Prep

Started by Kawtriplefreak, March 27, 2019, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

New Avon 90/90 installed. Transmission oil changed. Cleanup in progress.

Previous paint job on Economy Cycle chrome headlight bucket peeled off due to my lousy prep work. So I bead blasted the chrome off today and shot some Chevy engine enamel orange.Gonna let it cure till next break and put it back together, Do some more cleaning and it will be Dragon ready.

Czakky

scully

Kawtriplefreak

Me too. I won a 11MM master cylinder on EBay and it arrived today. Hoping to get a little better brake feel. The 12MM on it now is still just a bit wooden. 11 is what is supposed to have according to the ratio chart. That being said it stops great with the R1 caliper.

retaRD

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on March 29, 2019, 09:55:17 PM
Me too. I won a 11MM master cylinder on EBay and it arrived today. Hoping to get a little better brake feel. The 12MM on it now is still just a bit wooden. 11 is what is supposed to have according to the ratio chart. That being said it stops great with the R1 caliper.

What I've calculated using either an FZR600 or Blue/Silver dot caliper is a master cylinder size that's not commonly available for motorcycles.
I did some thinking about what master pushes two calipers with 2 pistons each..
a four wheeler!
I bought a used Yamaha Warrior master on eBay and the bore size was PERFECT.
I use that master currently, with a braided line and an FZ1 silver dot caliper, and a 320 mm Duc monster rotor. 
Personally, I have never felt better brakes on another bike that has had a hybrid brake setup.  I might be a little biased...
You're more than welcome to test it out in May  :thumbs:

m in sc

kx85 master is 11mm, or the grom ones are 12? i think. very good. also ktm390  :vroom:

Kawtriplefreak

Mine is perfect now as well and you can ride mine anytime too! The Yamaha Zuma 11MM transformed mine from very good to most excellent braking with perfect feel :metal: :metal:
Pics will follow.

retaRD

Nice little integrated brake switch, too.  8)

Kawtriplefreak

I put two male plugs on the end and plugged it into the harness. Works great.

m in sc

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks!! And thanks to Frank B for doing the research and finding a genuine Yamaha part for this application.

pdxjim

Yep.

I have ridden my TDR with a blue spot caliper and the stock 14mm master for years.

It sucks.

Just slapped on a EX300 Ninjette 12.7mm master, and it's way better, but still have my eye out for an R3 11mm jobbie.

I guess I'll be looking for a Zuma or Warrior one as well.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Kawtriplefreak

Mine came off a 2015 Zuma and it was $37 shipped on EBay.

m in sc

nice.

i have the same brake on the the lc and the lightweight.

lighweight is a grom master cyl (same as a cbr250/350) and has a micro switch for the brake.

this is the ktm390 one i put on the lc.

lots of options. never thought about looking at a zuma one but thats a good choice for sure. :twocents: