News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Texavina (sing it to the tune of O-kla-ho-ma!)

Started by 85RZwade, May 17, 2021, 01:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Anybody have a quality/fit/comfort/durability review of a Texavina seat? I'm interested in your experience.
I post waayyy too much

paul1478

Yep. Just got one. Fit was/is perfect. I just added my hardware and it was,perfect. Took 5 weeks to arrive but was worth the wait. I'll add a photo if you want. I have the one for a 400 and metal cowl.

Paul
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

AAAltered

How is the foam these days.  My 10 year old Vietnamese seat was built with hard foam, like pool noodle material.  Been thinking about a change and it's cheaper to buy a new seat/sell the old than getting it restuffed locally...
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

paul1478

To my butt it is perfect. Much better than the one I had. There is not a lot of room but I am 165 for a big guy it likely would be too small bit that is just that one seat I chose
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

pidjones

I bought one back in September for my RD400c from ebay vendor bikeseatfactory - still another (or maybe the same) Vietnamese seat builder. It look Ok. Stencil a bit crooked. The seat pan was shallow by ~1/2" and I had to put shims under the hinges and latch to get it to look right. I would have rebuilt and recovered the seat that came on it, but it was too rotted out.

BTW, it is fairly easy to replace seat foam. Just strip off the old and build up new with carpet padding (the shredded stuff they call rebond) built up layer at a time, trimmed with a cheap electric carving knife and glued with 3M 80 spray contact cement. Shape it how you wish, finish smoothing with 40 grit in a belt or disk sander,  do a final cover with thin (~1/8") neoprene and put a repop cover on it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

AAAltered

I'm not inclined to re-foam mine I just want to get a new seat (and style).  Is the current foam being used soft-ish, like a stock RD seat?
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special