News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

74 Kawasaki H2 project $7500 Boone, NC

Started by IR8D8R, June 07, 2021, 01:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

Looks like a good price for a cafe conversion. $7500.

He is calling it an unfinished project but it doesn't look that unfinished to me

https://boone.craigslist.org/mcd/d/fleetwood-1974-kawasaki-h2-750-triple/7331968473.html.

Between Greensboro, NC and Johnson City TN.

Not my bike etc.

IR8D8R

paul1478

One day I just want to ride one one time.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

ive had 2 h2s. don't like them, much prefer the h1's . but yes, def ride one if you get the chance.

paul1478

I had a chance to ride a H1 at the gap this year, I do not recall the persons name but he first came up on his Indian and played guitar with RD Charley, Had a H1 and H2. There were perfect looking. He offered but I did not/do not know him and seems wrong to ride a guys bike you don't even know.
I was talking to Chuck about them and he said the H2 were more like trucks and not that enjoyable if you are looking for that RD 2 stroke hit.
But one day...
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

pdxjim

I had an H2 from 1999 - 2004 or so.

Actually it was a '69 H1 with a '72 H2 engine

It was generally a pain in the ass to ride.  Loud, obnoxious, unrefined, uncivilized etc. 

I was happy to see it go when I sold it, although now looking back,  I wish I had pushed it into the corner of the garage and forgot about it for a decade or two now that they're going for 5x what they were back then.

Yamaha's are way better, anyway.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

Paul,

that was Joe Byrd. he has one of the most refined H1's you'll ever ride, ever. he 9th degrees it to an extreme as far as tuning and subtle mods.  totally throws the curve out of whack for expectations on a 'typical' H1.   its like riding chucks RD400 and expecting them all to be at least 70 percent that good. they aren't. (you of all people know).  :dawg:

Striker1423

I just want to go and see the sweet rides on the mountain... I would never ride someone else's machine cause it ain't mine. That's just me though. Stare and drool? Absolutely.

Kawtriplefreak

I ride my H2 engined KH500 framed Phoenix Project the least of all my bikes. My Yamaha twins out do it in nearly everything except acceleration. Ride one if you get a chance. I would have to disagree on the truck reference other than pulling hard. Piston port two strokes have a big hit when they come on the pipe. If you gas mine up at 6 grand in the 1st three gears the front wheel will come off the ground and shortly after that if you stay in it 130 MPH or more. My motor is not stock but not radical either. Mild porting VM34s and Denco chambers. But the handling is not even in the same league as an RD or RZ.
Mine handles and stops really well with the EX500 wheels, forks and brakes but like PDX Jim says it is brutal and unrefined, hard to ride fast especially on a tight road like Deals Gap where you can get yourself in trouble coming out of a 2nd gear corner if on the throttle too hard and end up leaned over with the front wheel off the ground. M in SC tuned mine in every iteration since 2004 and I believe he will concur.

m in sc

im pretty sure chuck was talking about a stock (framed) h2. they are truck like. you have a smaller front wheel and an H1 frame so, def not like that.

Kawtriplefreak

True. Yep you really have to man handle them in stock form to make them turn.

m in sc

it is fast. i can 100% confirm it will loft the front wheel in 3rd at 72 mph by backing off and just whacking it open. and not like 3-4 inches. it comes UP

Striker1423

Back when I first looked for an old two stroke (and had no money lol), two H1's were for sale. Both parts bikes that looked like it would make one good one for 3k.

I wish I had the money then. Hell it was only 3 years ago. Now you can't find an H anything around here.

anotherusername