Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Help needed on getting my base jetting good before first start: rd400g

Started by joseimport, July 27, 2021, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joseimport

carb tuning is not my forte, i wish you guys could head me in the right direction.
wont know if my jetting is correct until i start the bike, but let me know if this might be ok for a street bike.

or what  should i change? or what sizes should i get to have in my hands when tuning, also what other information do you need from the bike?

Here is my setup:

rd400g: elevation 5200 feet above sea level

-stock 2r9 pipes

-stock airbox

-prox pistons.

-yz85 reeds with TSR yz85 spacers, removed material from the cylinders in order to fit them with a Dremel.

-rebuild 2r9 carbs with the dave f mod done by chuck Quenzler.
---Keyster 2.5 Needle valves
---27.5 pilot jets                                         
---5j6 needles, One if my 5j6 needles has the anodizing off in some parts of it, Chuck said i have to find a new one, I ordered a carb kit from Yambits which allegedly comes with the 5j6 needles, still waiting on them i have not had the chance to compare them. its been really hard to get a new 5j6 needle, so the yambits ones will have to do for now, might have to place both yambits ones if they turn to be slightly different from my original one.

-Squish band fixed by chuck Quenzler.

this is it....

hope any one can be a of help.

1975 cb750k2: ongoing restoration project. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,183427.msg2122966.html#msg2122966
1979 rd400g daytona special: started putting it back together. http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=71.0
1987 tr200 fatcat: running.

hayduke

I'm mostly an arm-chair tuner so take this with a huge grain of salt...

OE style filter or foam? makes a tiny difference.

I'm guessing you'll end up with 140 or 145 mains, maybe start at 150-155

:twocents:

85RZwade

Man, I could use your help. I've got this arm chair that just isn't revving out the way it used to...
:ninja: :jacked: :tough:
I post waayyy too much

hayduke

Quote from: 85RZwade on July 27, 2021, 11:54:56 PM
Man, I could use your help. I've got this arm chair that just isn't revving out the way it used to...
:ninja: :jacked: :tough:

Well you've got to check the thread count and make sure the legs are synced so they all touch the floor at the same time! :guru:   :whoop:

Actually I posted just to try to get some smarter folks to chime in

85RZwade

I don't know about smarter, but you get the funnier prize! Well played, sir, well played  :notworthy:
I post waayyy too much

Milan

Just added a K & N to my 400F.

Bike Would not run.

Had to go up to 160 MJ and #30 pilot at 1.25 turns
5J6 needle at mid

I am at sea level tho, so the 27.5 pilot may work for you with less air.
Or the #30 with > 1.25 turns.

M