Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400 rear brake rebuild issues

Started by Mbstr51, September 13, 2021, 11:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mbstr51

Rebuilt the Og plenty times over the years but couldnt get get pressure after sitting,  Bought a rebuilt  cylinder online(And rebuild kit)  but still cant get the pedal up and exhausted all my resources, any advice or a guy near OC that can help would be much appreciated!

forexer

Don't feel bad this is a common problem that happens often - I had the same issue as you and was advised by member (1976RD400C ) to use a hand pump and a hose going from the pump to the caliper. Pump slowly and the fluid should enter the caliper. Keep pumping and watch the reservoir, you should see air bubbles coming up and out. Do not push the brake pedal on the bike and make sure the push rod that enters the master cylinder is adjusted correctly and that it has some free play as to make sure the master cylinder plunger is not being pushed in any way.

You should see all the air coming up and out at the reservoir. Then the brake fluid level will start to rise in the reservoir, as you are pumping, when all the air is gone. Close bleeder. Done.

This is what I did and it worked great - hope it works for you as well - report back with your findings