News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

First test ride

Started by paul1478, November 25, 2021, 07:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul1478

My Decati arrived Dec 26. 550 miles of fun then it started to cut out and run on 1 cylinder when warm and not always.
I took it to a local dealer and was told they would not even look at it until the non Ducati authorized accessories were removed (Arrow exhaust and power commander with tune from a dyno run).
WFT?
I removed the power commander and it is good now. Somehow it was causing an issue. I sent it back to Ducati of Detroit the checked it, all good... yea, OK. they are getting a new one and putting the tune into the new one. Then I get the pleasure of pulling this thing back apart and putting it back in and hoping it works.
It is a hell of a bike.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

RustyRD

Paul awesome bike , it's fun getting a new one after not buying a new one for ages.  Looks great , bummer on the power commander, but at least the dealer did not leave ya out to dry. 

paul1478

My very first new bike and only modern one I have ever ridden.
yep, dealer was great. no fight at all. they offered my money back even.

I did get a flash from Brent tuning, that worked.
bike is in the shop for a month now, wheel sensor. Arriving this coming Saturday I assume from the dark side of the moon?. A month for a wheel sensor? Only on a motorcycle would we ever put up with this BS. If my Nissan has a bad wheel sensor and it took over 24 hrs I would not stand for it.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale