News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Central Tools timing gauge question

Started by 85RZwade, November 27, 2021, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I'm looking at the Central Tools 6491 timing gauge set as sold by Economy; is it the diameter of the dial itself that allows it to be used on an RD engine that is in the frame?
I post waayyy too much

sav0r

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

Quote from: 85RZwade on November 27, 2021, 08:42:59 PM
I'm looking at the Central Tools 6491 timing gauge set as sold by Economy; is it the diameter of the dial itself that allows it to be used on an RD engine that is in the frame?
it comes with an adapter and yes, designed to be used in frame 350/400/rz whatever. I have 2 of those.  :haw:

https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rd250350400r5ds6ds7-parts/electrical-ignitions-lighting/ignition/central-tools-dial-gauge-timing-kit/

85RZwade

DesmoDrew helped me out; got one on the way  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

gardenhosebusabottle

My favorite timing gauge (once if got that right).

I bought one from a local machine shop supply MANY years ago w/ a "gun style" sound proof style foam case for about 149 dollars in Santa Clara, CA.  Absolutely love it. Mine has (2) different sized  pins.  One for small engines like the 125 and the larger one for the 350/400s.

I think I gave Mark one that i thought i FUBARED.....Do you still have that Mark?  I figure a former journeyman  clock Luthier? would fix something like that easily.

m in sc

horologist. (luthier makes guitars and such) And yes, i still have it and yeah, you bent the shit out of a gear tooth. it happens... But its fixed and i use it pretty regular. Its actually in the 'timing w a dial gauge' video on youtube. I love that thing.

:clap: