This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Deals Gap 2022 Check-In

Started by AAAltered, January 14, 2022, 10:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Quote from: paul1478 on January 29, 2022, 06:27:01 AM
Well surprise text from Chuck last night.
He will be going to the meet this year. He is on the computer this morning getting a room. It was great to hear he will be going.

That is good news Paul! I was hoping Chuck could make it and wondered about if he'd get to come or not?
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Kawtriplefreak

If my ciphering is correct all 14 rooms are reserved. Might be a new record 4 minutes. :metal: :metal:

AAAltered

I didn't want to horn in on the triples guys, check out Fontana Village, the RD's can have a 'thing' there...
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Evans Ward

Quote from: AAAltered on January 29, 2022, 11:54:33 AM
I didn't want to horn in on the triples guys, check out Fontana Village, the RD's can have a 'thing' there...

They'll be as many or more Yamaha twins at DGMR than Kaw Triples.  :huh: :thumbs:I got a room at DGMR which is considered HQ's for the event. Look me up!  :gentleman:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

Striker1423

Ah man! I'm getting this bike done and coming down. Vacation needed.

m in sc

what thing do we have at fontana? i wasnt invited.  :dawg:

truth is, the triple board releases the rooms so the kaw guys typically get 1st dibs due to info proximity. which is fine.   :gentleman: Cause brady snores and he'll keep you guys up all night.. the yamaha guys need their beauty rest.  :toot:  :lol:

IR8D8R

Looks like I'm sleeping in my trailer again. Unless someone no-shows or takes pity on me and gives me an extra bunk. I snore.

I will provide free Tennessee whiskey and parts cleaner. All you can drink...

IR8D8R

paul1478

we will get you inside I am sure. Your fun to be with.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

IR8D8R

And now for the bad news...

Foothills parkway between hwy 129 and hwy 321 will be closed next month through August for resurfacing, new guardrails, general maintenance etc.

The "new" portion between 321 and Wear's Valley Rd will still be open but you'll have to go through Maryville by 411 to 321 or the back way around the park via hwy 28 through Bryson city to Cherokee and 441 to get to Gatlinburg end of 441 etc. There are some nice roads to make a loop back including the Little River Gorge.

Locals are unhappy. On the bright side: We will have new pavement in 2023! The old road is starting to get crumbly in spots. At least it's not 129 they decided to pave... Although it needs it bad.

IR8D8R

747drvr

coming thru maryville i will probably get to see some of you guys coming in . my hometown and nice place to live. i will have my rz and rd ready to ride. looking forward to meeting some of the guys from here. :wave: :wave:

IR8D8R

I'm in Mervul over by Pistol Creek and Foothills Elementary school. I've been here for (counting fingers) Gawd. 9 years now.

IR8D8R

747drvr

hahahaha   that's cool. less than a half a mile from. can't believe i haven't ran into ya!?!?  im usually on a orange 75 rd350 or an "ultra rare"  :blah: :blah: KR rz350. occasionally on my 74 z1. when i get back in the country i will look you up!!!

IR8D8R

I keep thinking I hear 2-strokes going up Sandy Springs Rd from time to time.

747drvr

hahaha  that would be me !!!  :whistle: :whistle: