News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

New Bike!

Started by pdxjim, March 20, 2022, 07:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Striker1423

hahahaha. killer. those things just go like the energizer bunny.

m in sc

turbo time. Jus sayin.  :whistle:

RDryan

35$ for that, now that's a bargain :bacon:

pdxjim

Quote from: RDryan on March 24, 2022, 07:42:40 PM
35$ for that, now that's a bargain :bacon:

$.70 per cc.

It's pretty complete with low miles.  Needs a few basic items before I can get it running.

I bought it for my 13yo daughter.  No aftermarket parts for it, and no variator trans, so 30mph top speed unless I get really creative.

Hopefully, I can get it running and she can goof around on it for the summer and then I'll sell it and put the profit towards something better.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

I'm just grateful you didn't buy a four-stroke
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Quote from: 85RZwade on May 18, 2022, 10:20:53 PM
I'm just grateful you didn't buy a four-stroke

Haha! 

I disassembled it, but soon got tired of looking for parts (which were all way too expensive), and then got even more tired of tripping over it in the garage (you've seen how small my garage is), so I put it on FB Marketplace for $150 (4.28x what I paid for it) and had it sold and gone out of my life within two hours.  I didn't even bother to put it back together.

My only regret is I didn't list it for more.

I've not given up on my shitty 2T scooter dream, but I'm holding out for something with aftermarket go-fast(er) support and a variated transmission.

A friend's GF has a long abandoned Genuine Buddy 50 (made in Taiwan!) that I'm hoping to convince her to part with.

She'll probably want too much, then be bitter when I get it running the same day.

85RZwade

:whistle: I might be able to help with that dream...
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

get a shitty 4t scooter and 2 stroke swap it.  :whistle: