Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

72 & 73 LT's

Started by soonerbillz, March 28, 2022, 08:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

So I have these two little enduros.  A 72 & 73 LT100.
You know, the little 100cc singles. The 73 is a titled and complete street able bike. 
I just sent the top end off to John Rittter and he got it today.  He's gonna do a stage 1 port and bore. This one is going to be stock and likely become my grandaughters little ride.
The other is a another that came to me with no title, a mx top end and missing a few parts. So when John's done with the other I'll have him do a really nice power improvement porting and bore. I have a chamber for it and this will be hopefully one we can get one of the kids onto the track with.
Gonna be fun.

m in sc

those little 100s are fun for sure.  i can tell you.. the pistons, if stock, dont like 12,000 rpm.  :devil: :dawg:

soonerbillz

So true!. Can't wait to get them together.
I have a pair of AT1 125 to do as well.
One is a 70 that was converted to do mx.
The other is a 72 that is very street complete.
Fun times ahead!

soonerbillz

Getting little bike shit done!

soonerbillz

Cases pretty now!

SoCal250

That cleaned up really well! Nice job!  :clap:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

soonerbillz

Yup.. this LT3 has so little hours on it. The bike was laid over by the previous owners. They smashed the tank and bent the handle bars. This couldn't have happened long after they bought it new. The bike was put in a shed and left there since 1973. It still had the original tag and sticker on it.
Humidity had rusted out the exhaust and locked up the piston. But the rest of the bike looks like new.

soonerbillz

Done buying gaskets and seals in anything other than factory packaging!
These seals are NOT factory oem!!

m in sc

if they fit run em. ive run non oem seals in all sorts of stuff.

soonerbillz

Quote from: m in sc on May 04, 2022, 02:08:39 PM
if they fit run em. ive run non oem seals in all sorts of stuff.

Unfortunately they don't fit.. none are correct. Glad I didn't pay a lot. But it's a total waste of my time.

m in sc

aaah.

boo that sucks.

soonerbillz

This 73 bike... only 1136 miles on it.. they parked it after dumping it and it sat for decades in a shed.
You saw how clean the outer cases came. Look at the inside. No rust, wear.
As clean as it came from the factory.  Even the original case gasket is still green! 99% of the time these are yellow and come apart in pieces.

soonerbillz

I've procrastinated on this LT3 long enough.
I have a Tiddler ride in 8 days.
I'm busting ass to be ready. I have gone through everything and will start assembly tonight.
Wish me luck.

soonerbillz

I got serious good luck today.
A buddy came over and helped me pull the collapsed roof on my shop building.  When we peeled it off we found the giant 1950's  metal wall shelf I bought at a auction years ago and mounted over my work bench had fell over my workbench during the fire.
It fell over the LT100 engine I was building..
 Most all rubber parts destroyed, the head fins were melted. But it still turns free.
 This motor had a John Ritter bore and port job plus head work if you remember.

m in sc

very cool indeed. i love little bikes, the mileage is usually nil and they are always overbuilt.

hell, i just cracked 2000 mile son the 67 kawi from new not long ago. thats going to be awesome ^  :cheerleader: