News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1 project down.

Started by Daytona Z, April 28, 2022, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Z

So first I would like to thank everyone here who answer questions,linked info and provided help. Its a great community that I would have loved to share a daily update on the build but I opted to just build and be a troll in the background. I did get it finished though. There some things I want to change but for now this is it.
My personal phone still will not let me share pics. I gotta figure this thing out somehow but I used my work phone. So It was an ebay purchase in early 2019. It had a great pain job but other than that she was old and tired. I started rat holing parts with the intent to rebuild it all myself until I start looking into Chuck Q. Im on the west coast and shipped my motor to chuck and had him do a stage 2 with an oil pump. I know.... but I HATED carrying oil around when was younger said F it! whatever happens happens. I have a neighbor that is shipping and got some love there so it wasn't bad.
So the first time I tried to start it only the left cylinder was firing. I noticed that the fuel line was always empty and had to kinda put it to prime. Turns out it was the hose clamp pinched a hole at the carb and was sucking air. After swapping that out it started up halfway through the stroke. Anyways this is just a quick video that was the startup on both cylinders. Nothing special but here it is. I'll post some pics later. Thanks https://youtu.be/TmsJWEDpyxw

Washerman

The Red Scourge

Nice!  That an FZR in the background?
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

Daytona Z

Thanks it sounds mean in person. I will get a better video and some pics on here. Yeah thats my nephews 1994 fzr600 in the background. Once covid hit I took in my nephew and son because they had lost their jobs. It was the crazy purple and green version like from the original batman series.

m in sc

yup. sounds nice and tight.   :clap:

SoCal250

:olaf: Congrats on finishing the project. It sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some pics of it
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Kawtriplefreak