Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Cruising Honolulu this morning

Started by Hawaii-Mike, June 25, 2022, 04:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii-Mike

I went riding my friend Terry who owns the 1975 CB400F. This is my 1977 RD400 with a mild port job by Ed Erlenbach.  Ed worked on the cylinders 8 years ago and I finally got around to installing them!

Diamond Head, possibly Hawaii's most recognizable landmark, is in the distance behind me.  Diamond Head looks different in this photo because it's looking to the west.  Most pictures of Diamond Head are taken from Waikiki, which would be looking eastward.

pidjones

I know it's rough, but someone has to do it. Have had two great vacations in Hawaii. Stayed on 10th floor of the Rainbow Tower on both of them with Diamondhead framed in our balcony door. First time was in 1978 with my mom, second in 2010 with my wife. Wife and I drove all over and snorkeled several of the more popular places. It's a beautiful place and when it gets hot you can ride up to the Tantalus area for cool breezes.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Hawaii-Mike

Glad you had nice vacations here.  Tantalus has great views, the ride is tiring for persons with average riding skills such as me.  There are also some risky spots where if you go off the road you might also go off a cliff!

350GUY

Very cool Mike. Thanks for sharing.

Daryl