News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

So tired of...tires

Started by 85RZwade, June 30, 2022, 01:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

I can typically mount them fairly easily. But, take them in for a 10 minute balance job. No need to pogo-stick down the road lol.

m in sc

i'll admit, i'm lucky my local guy does it in a day. drop off on way to work, back by end of day.  he also carries spoke, and black and silver rim weights.

Just had these put on Thursday. thats 270 bucks worth of sticky grom tires. lol. last set lasted over 5000 miles though, so cant complain.

sav0r

I will DIY just about anything but with motorcycle tires I pay.

I've done car tires many times on manual machines and they are so stinking easy. Motorcycle tires even with tools, nope. I'm out.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

To be honest,. my time is worth more than it costs, to me, to get a tire swapped. same way i feel about mowing the yard.

Djg8493

For me it all depends on the tire, I have the harbor freight thing and even some 3dprinted adapters that allow it to actually hold the rim.  it works decent on regular size wheels but not on most smaller ones.  My local shops charge $50 a wheel but if the rubber is stiff it is worth every penny. 

i've seen the zip tie trick, i'll give that a try next time. 
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6