Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Daytona Velona Gauge

Started by m in sc, July 21, 2022, 03:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Current project, replacing the tried and true SPA technique tach/speedo that ive had for ... 12? years. the speedometer LCD display started having issues, so i'll send it in for repair. However, i bought  new 'daytona' brand gauge, Im really liking it so far.  This is for the white rd/ lc hybrid. i had to untie a lot of the wiring to plug it into the harness. (so it looks a bit of a mess here). the outer ring is actually the speedometer on this, and the tach is in the middle lcd display. could have had that the other way but realistically, when im riding it, im more concerned with speed as it has a revlimiter and can't over rev, and will utilize the 'shift' light @ 9k.

https://www.2strokeworld.net/wp-content/uploads/LC-HYBRID/2022/Daytona-gauge/20220721_094702.mp4

Kawtriplefreak

Hawaii-Mike

SoCal250

Fancy schmantzy! :bacon: Looks good on there.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Striker1423

Looks good. I thought it was he tac on thr outside for a second, x1000, but then saw 200 and was like holy crap. lol.

m in sc

lol. yeah, you can order it either way. tach outside or speedo outside. i'll never be over 'noon' very much on the speedometer thats for sure.  tach is inside on the lcd.

m in sc

So, i finally got around to setting the speedometer up last night, calibrating it.

I will say, its internal resolution isnt as good as the spa, it lagged with 3 trigger points ont he wheel, so i used 6. the pickup im using will trigger off of a steel bolt, so on the RH side of the front hub I have steel bolts in the rotor mount holes to trigger it. that made it nice and responsive.

with gps mounted on the clipons, i did the calculations and ran it, it read really low. so after plying w the numbers, it came in at 5000 dead even as the input number. its within 1mph of the gps at 80 mph. held for about 1/4 mile.

It reads really easily, looks nice and clean, and the operation is smooth.  I have the shift light set to 8k, and all seems ok.

I mean, for around 200 bucks its a really nice unit, would def recommend.

gap is about .010-.012"

gratuitous shot on stands. :haw: usefull to get wheel spinning to test if clearances etc.

Kawtriplefreak

msr

Can confirm, that thing looks really good up close and in person.

Clem710

The fact that it goes to 200 ought to be good for some gas pump cred:)  Dudes on 'busas gonna be trippin about a tiny bike goin that fast.

That actually became kind of an inside joke/standard answer for alot of the guys at the track.  There were alot of 200 mph ninja 250s for a while:)