News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

75 RD60

Started by mills, July 26, 2022, 09:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mills

Woo Hoo! Jetting is pretty close with a 105 main, #25 pilot jet, needle clip in second groove and a little clamp on air filter. Shocks are wasted, but I'll fix that. I tried looking for oil pump spec I saw for my RD400 to use as a guide but no luck yet. I'll give cutting the clearcoat a try this weekend. I'm sorry, but I have to redo the rear fender and brake light, but I'll try to make y'all proud.

mills

This is going to be very delicate work getting the tank paint buffed. It sure looks like its the clear that has clouded up. In the spot I tried it didn't turn red until clear was gone. The possibility of rubbing through the paint worries me but I guess its a risk I have to take. If it works the bike will be stunning!

mills

Tank paint too far gone, so I repainted it. Not my best effort. Got it out on the road yesterday and it runs clean but 40-45 mph is as fast as it will go. I'm going to investigate that this weekend. I have to say that I am disappointed in the performance, I might be a minimum 20 horsepower kind of guy.

msr

Quote from: mills on August 19, 2022, 12:06:19 PM
Tank paint too far gone, so I repainted it. Not my best effort. Got it out on the road yesterday and it runs clean but 40-45 mph is as fast as it will go. I'm going to investigate that this weekend. I have to say that I am disappointed in the performance, I might be a minimum 20 horsepower kind of guy.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but you might find interested buyers here if you decide to sell it ...  :smiley:

m in sc

well, i'll eat crow, it looks good.   :toot:

yeah.. they are def slow. i know you can do stuff to make them faster, but maybe its time to sell and 'upsize'. should be able to make money on a running rd60.

mills

Thanks. That Sunshine Red is a funky color, almost a raspberry. I feel bad because I always liked the looks of the tank and tail section. Let's see if I can get it to pull top gear all the way and then I'll re-assess. Time to do some plug chops!!!

mills

I saw this in owner's manual. The line for 5th gear is funny, "40mph or more" It looks like 42mph is about as good as I could expect, I'm 205 lbs. It pulls redline in all but 5th gear.

mills

Wrong picture

m in sc

lol. the twinjet 100 will hit 50, so dont feel too bad.