This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD shift shaft seal/ bushing kit

Started by Organicjedi, August 11, 2022, 11:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organicjedi

rodneya

Wow, there is already a chinesium version available. They will copy anything https://www.ebay.com/itm/204033478326

Clem710

That is suprising, really, how many are they gonna sell even if every 400 bought one?

Hawaii-Mike

I think every RD I have owned had some oil leakage.  I bought two of the UK-made kits, haven't installed them yet.

Organicjedi

Quote from: Clem710 on August 12, 2022, 06:34:08 PM
That is suprising, really, how many are they gonna sell even if every 400 bought one?

Pretty sure these would fit every street oriented yamaha 2 stroke twin starting with the YDS and R5, right?

Clem710

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on August 12, 2022, 07:47:55 PM
I think every RD I have owned had some oil leakage.  I bought two of the UK-made kits, haven't installed them yet.

400 hasnt yet, 350 and YSR yes.  "Fixed" both of them probably down to a few drops per year.  IIRC the YSR just got cleaned and gooped cuase the seal wasnt available at the time, not sure bout now.

Used to bother me but I've learned to accept their nature:)

2steve

Just bought one from racersteve in the UK, like on original post. Came quickly.
Our fine customs or USPS sliced the "Jiffy Pack" wide open and didn't tape back. Really spooky that it actually arrived intact in the bag.
No leaks yet since the 400 only has 7500 miles, but I want to put it on anyway.
Looks good!

2steve

Got the kit installed today. There wasn't much wiggle in the stock setup in my opinion. Found out my opinion was distorted. There is NO wiggle with this new bushing. Very nice! Now, I'm focused on how loose the shift lever is at the splines.

Organicjedi

Quote from: 2steve on August 28, 2022, 08:17:46 PM
Got the kit installed today. There wasn't much wiggle in the stock setup in my opinion. Found out my opinion was distorted. There is NO wiggle with this new bushing. Very nice! Now, I'm focused on how loose the shift lever is at the splines.

I noticed the same thing. My shifter felt good before the install. People even commented on how well the bike shifts. After the install it's so much tighter. No slop at all.

pdxjim

LC and TDR both need em.

Ima buy one for the TDR, but I'm tired of working on my LC.

It'll be someone else's problem soon
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

2steve

retroracersteve on Ebay communicates very well  :thumbs:

85RZwade

2 RZs, an RD and an Elsie...I wonder if 4 constitutes volume pricing?
I post waayyy too much

Economy Cycle John

We're selling these (UK Steves's) here as well. Fixing the leak is a nice benefit, but making the shifting better is what I like about it. I kinda of blew it off as a gimmick when I first saw it, seemed like overkill, but then customers kept telling me how much they liked the way it improved shifting, finding neutral, reducing missed shifts, less wiggle in the shaft, etc.

https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rd250350400r5ds6ds7-parts/frame-related/controls-cables-handlebars-related/gear-shift-lever/yamaha-shift-shaft-upgrade-kit-rd250-rd350-rd400-r5-rz350-lc250-lc350/
www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag