Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Thinking of selling my RD

Started by JB Weld, September 16, 2022, 10:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Weld

Considering  selling my baby. 74 RD350. I used to have a '71 and '73 Javelin and want to get back into one someday. Any ideas on what this would be worth? 14,900 miles and original paint with some scratches

64.5mm ProX pistons, RZ crossover intakes, 3mm intake spacers, TDR reeds,  Dave F mod, individual UNI pods, rebuild injection pump (always ran Amsoil Dominator), stainless laser cut brake stay and motor mounts, HVC engine harness boot/cover, GSXR LED integrated tail/brake/signal, bronze swingarm bushings, Vesra brake shoes, Avon Road Rider tires, AGM battery, Emgo H4 headlamp with LED, LED front signals, Racetech front springs, fork boots and seals, DG chambers (GM V6 T-stat gaskets and ultra black RTV sealant) from the '70s, 520 chain conversion, and Vape ignition. Also modified foot peg bracket and new front brake master cylinder.

Factory air box converted to storage. Includes extra jets, center stand, Haynes Manual and miscellaneous extras. Also have magazine ads from the 70s, a vintage RD350 patch and late 60's Yamaha patch.

oxford

Sadly, not as much as you are hoping for.  :sad:

Hawaii-Mike

1976RD400C

Back in the early '70s my cousin traded in his Gremlin and bought a built to order AMX, 360, stick shift. It had the cool hood scoop that would open when the 4 barrel kicked in. It was definately the bad ass car in the neighborhood.  I had just got my license and he would let me drive it now and then.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

soonerbillz

Decades ago I had a 70 Rambler wagon with a 390 4 bbl.
That thing could smoke the tires all day long.

soonerbillz

I'll estimate maybe around $3000-4000

JB Weld

JB Weld

Needs a wash. I have other pictures but I'm having some difficulty posting.

JB Weld

Hawaii-Mike

It's a nice bike.  I'd rather have the stock tail light and the swingarm painted black. 

What can you get for it - really depends on your location.  In Hawaii, for example there are just a handful of two-stroke bikes.  An there's just a handful of prospective buyers that know what a two-stroke is.

1976RD400C

This one is kind of ratty and sold for $3000. It didn't have any fancy parts and doesn't sound so good.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-yamaha-rd350-5/
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Hawaii-Mike

I'm glad that JB Weld has the original seat.  For me, that adds value.

m in sc

id start asking at 3800 and see where it goes. the taillight is a big detractor IMHO.

that orange bike. emgo filters. ugh.

Hawaii-Mike

Quote from: m in sc on September 18, 2022, 07:58:25 AM
id start asking at 3800 and see where it goes. the taillight is a big detractor IMHO.
I agree - a stock rear fender and stock taillight would help a lot for getting a higher price.

JB Weld

Thanks for the input everyone!!  :metal:

I'll take this into consideration if I actually choose to list. I sold the original fender and tail because I figured it wouldn't add value and was tired of storing stuff.

I also don't want to end up burned in the craigslist watch section for overpricing. In the last 5 years I tend to do that as I get attached to my toys and refuse to ask too little. The aforementioned Javelins were pretty much given away when sold on ebay. I should have set a higher reserve.