News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

New to me TZR250

Started by m in sc, October 10, 2022, 12:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

mine are separate, for sure. ypvs controller on lh side, cdi on right. truth is, i'll eventually get a zeeltronic combo unit down the road, was the best thing i did for my rz. 

ajb

Yep. I have an Ignitech on my 31K. It's made such a difference.

m in sc

it fought me a bit, the reg/rectifier was faulty. however, i got that sorted for now and was finally able to take it on a test ride.

ran well. never rode a dead stock one before, its good.

in the process of getting the body work back on, that was late last night. luckily, zero leaks, fires or explosions. and.. everything seems to be working as it should, despite previous (like 2 owners ago) efforts to hack some shit together for a quick sale.   :whistle:

Evans Ward

Very impressive Mark that you've got it on the road that quickly!  :vroom: :cheers: :clap:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

thanks Evans. it wasnt -that- bad over all. I'm prob 500 or so in parts, and just a bunch of time. over all, it was pretty decent, really much more so, compared to what i normally deal with. trying to figure out what i wasnt familiar with.. was the trick over all. Mostly peoples old 'repairs'.  we'll see how it holds up

SoCal250

Congrats on getting it back on the road! Those intakes look like someone was just asking for a seizure
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

Quote from: SoCal250 on October 26, 2022, 02:12:21 PM
Congrats on getting it back on the road! Those intakes look like someone was just asking for a seizure

i was a little surprised they weren't orange or blue siliconed TBH. and they came from japan that way when it was shipped over. :busey:

Kawtriplefreak

ajb

Brilliant job!

They ride great eh?  A beautiful chassis too.

m in sc

it is fantastic to ride. thats why i wanted one, rode one a few years ago at the 2 stroke meet and that was it, ruined the rz for me. lol.

Got it out last night to the local bike night. did very well, zero issues.

Figured i would probably have the oddest/rarest bike there, but, of course , rick shows up on his unbelievable saxon/laverda about 10 minutes after I did. lol (1 of 5 ever built). we had a good chuckle about it.

Evans Ward

That's a nice venue for a bike night!  :olaf: :clap: Hey- I think I see Matt (msr) in the pic across the street from where the bikes are parked on the black jacket/ jeans! :wave:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

Quote from: Evans Ward on October 28, 2022, 11:29:44 AM
That's a nice venue for a bike night!  :olaf: :clap: Hey- I think I see Matt (msr) in the pic across the street from where the bikes are parked on the black jacket/ jeans! :wave:

yes it is Matt. We have 2 of those locations near us, that one is on the river (grapevine faces it). Both host the bike nights.. thats his new moto-guzzi to the right of the vespa.

msr

Quote from: Evans Ward on October 28, 2022, 11:29:44 AM

Yep, that's me. Hi, Evans!

SoCal250

Looks like a cool bike night gathering spot. Congrats on the successful night out with the new JDM toy. :cheers:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

1st ride to work today.

:whoop:

did very well. not sure if i was starving it for fuel but had it over 8k for over a mile, easy, and started feeling liek it may have been running low. everything is working as it should , petock rebuilt, lines new, etc. might just be me being paranoid. or it hit reserve.  :umm: either way, a success.  :olaf: