Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Sad news- goodbye to our brother John Evans

Started by Evans Ward, November 15, 2022, 09:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Good Morning everyone- I have some sad news. Our good friend, John Evans, has peacefully passed away after a long battle with esophageal cancer. His username here was evansje1 and he had several Yamahas including a RWB 84 RZ350. Some of you know John and his son Ben from the Deals Gap Annual 2 Stroke meets. You may or may not be aware that John produced a number of episodes of previous Gap meets on YouTube called "Old folks on two strokes". He put a lot of work into those videos and there are a lot of good Deals Gap meet memories in them, so if you're not aware, you might want to check those out. I believe his YT channel was under his username here. He was a skilled rider and a great human being!

Just a few days ago, John sent a goodbye message to a good friend of mine asking to post this picture of him having his last beer with his boys.

Cheers to you brother!   :thumbs:We'll miss you! 
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

I am truly sad to hear this, he was one of my favorite people to see every year at the gap. He will be sorely, sorely missed. 

Striker1423

Economy Cycle John

www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag

SoCal250

So sorry this hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Hawaii-Mike

kpke

OMG. This is very sad. RIP RZ brother John Evans.

Thanks for the notification Evans!
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

Kawtriplefreak

Milan

Him & Jesus are already working on a new RZ model.

Peace to his family

M

anotherusername

So sad.

He will be missed by many. I will miss him, especially his sense of humor.

dgorms

Never met him but I'm sure we would have had a good time, RIP.
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

m in sc

Some pictures of John, he was very involved in the Gap Meet and other aspects of the hobby. Also has a great family, who i enjoyed seeing over the years at deals gap.

I don't get gushy or emotional about much, but fuck, he definitely went too early and was an example for may to follow. He was such a good, good, kind man that will be remembered for just that.. being a great human being. Truly a rare soul and was an honor to have spent some time with him over the years.  He was the real deal.

Rest in peace John.

(thanks guys for the pics)

TPR5

pidjones

RIP. Sounds like he left plentiful good memories for those that knew and loved him.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Seems like his was a life well lived; I would like to think people would remember me so fondly when my time comes! Godspeed, Mr. Evans.
I post waayyy too much