Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Getting Back to old Projects RD 400

Started by mixedbikes, December 03, 2022, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedbikes

Finally retired and pulling projects from storage (old story, life got in the way) Anyway working on some paint, seat and tuning on an old project 400. Hoping to learn, read and have fun again.

RDnuTZ

Quote from: mixedbikes on December 03, 2022, 12:49:27 PM
Finally retired and pulling projects from storage (old story, life got in the way) Anyway working on some paint, seat and tuning on an old project 400. Hoping to learn, read and have fun again.
similar to my story. Have 4 RDs + TZR in storage and been retired 8 years now and thought I'd have all mine running by now, LOL! Came back here for inspiration to hopefully get me going on mine again. Need to get a bigger workshop built to have enough room before I can bring em home...
1986 TZR250R Restricted Japan Domestic market bike (Project)
1977 RD400 (Project)
1974 RD350 (2) (Projects)
1973 RD250 (Project)
2022 Beta 300 X-Trainer, Yamaha Vintage MX, YZ (18)

mixedbikes

When I moved into this house, I blew out the back wall of the 24 by 30 garage and made it 24 by 60. And as always, I need more room.

mixedbikes

Getting a bit closer, seat done, paint work back. Little plumbing, and will test ride.

m in sc

i like it. whats the story behind the seat?

mixedbikes

Did not want to hack anything up, so I just took a daytona base and rear cowl, kinda molded it up and made a pad. I dont love it completely, but i think it looks ok. Also, I just heated some pvc sheet to make the pad base and padded it, and covered with leather. It attaches just as a stock seat does. I will take a rear shot, that I do like, I made a carbon fiber inner fender, and mounted an R6 led combo tail light/brake light/turn signal that has a multi flash when you apply the brake.

mixedbikes

crappy pic, but you will get the idea

m in sc

it wasnt a criticism, just unusual approach. i love the paint, whole bike looks great.   :toot:

mixedbikes

All good, I did not take it badly. It just looks to me a bit bulky, but I do like overall, its a bit different. thank you. FYI, I appreciate your videos, and all the help you give with your knowledge !!! Now I need to tune it.