Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400 carbs for a 350

Started by rodneya, May 15, 2019, 01:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Are there any issues running Rd499 VM28 carbs on a 350 better or worse than stock?
What do you do with the pipes that went from the float bowl to the airbox when running pods?

Yamaha 179

I run a four or five inch piece of fuel line up from the fitting up to the area between the pods.  Use a firm hose that needs no support and you'll be fine.  If I remember correctly, dangerous assumption, it is to equalize the air pressure in the float bowl with the atmosphere.
Lyn Garland

SUPERTUNE

Carbs are both 28mm's, so not a big difference other than things like site plug for syncing carbs and a ball in the airjet system.
You can plug them if doing a Primary needle jet conversion...(known as the Dave F mod)
If running crossover/boost bottle system and pipes this would be the mod you would do.
If staying on the stock beed NJ system do as Lyn said!
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

rodneya

Can i use the 350 throttle cable?

m in sc

only if its a cable for a 350 low top carb. :twocents:

rodneya

rodneya

Quote from: SUPERTUNE on May 15, 2019, 08:10:28 AM
Carbs are both 28mm's, so not a big difference other than things like site plug for syncing carbs and a ball in the airjet system.
You can plug them if doing a Primary needle jet conversion...(known as the Dave F mod)
If running crossover/boost bottle system and pipes this would be the mod you would do.
If staying on the stock beed NJ system do as Lyn said!
Chuck

The bike I am working on will have a Vape CDI ignition from Economy, VForce 3 reeds, porting (unknown, it was a race bike is the 70's, then sat in boxes for 30 years), pods and chambers.
Am I better off with the Dave F mod or going to a larger carb or flat slide?

SUPERTUNE

I would say yes, do the primary jet mod with a crossover/boost bottle setup.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

rodneya

Pretty sweet deal. Picked the carbs up and they look to be in pretty good shape and the  Dave F mod is already done. They even have 2.o air jets installed.
Not bad for 100 Canadian