Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

TZR250 3XV2 waiting for some attention

Started by busa1300, February 26, 2023, 05:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busa1300

I bought this bike over 3 years ago, and brought it in from Japan.
It was advertised as a non runner and had no information on why it wasn't running.
But it was very complete and a rare homologation 1 of 500 bike, so I bought it.
When I got it home, I unboxed it and first thing I did was a compression test to see if it was worth the time trying to get it running.
Had excellent compression so I pulled the carbs and cleaned them up, put them back on and got the bike fired up.
No noises and seemed to run quite well considering it was a non runner.... (choke was broke off which I think is why it ended up sitting)
But after I got it running, I noticed my trans oil had water getting in it, so I pulled the trans to get at the seal, and put all new seals throughout the tans and some bearings as well.
Started riding it and ran for that year with no issues.....

But now 3 years later, it is not being as cooperative

It needs a complete rebuild, and luckily I bought most of the parts I needed before covid wiped out the stock of now NLA parts
But I am hoping I can getting running like it had been and put it off for another year, as I was planning on going through my RS250 instead.

Well....time to dig in

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

busa1300

I ended up finding that the engine/trans need a full 100% rebuild. It is not going anywhere under its own power anytime soon. I have most of the extremely difficult to find parts already...most of them....
But no patience for such a detailed project that this needs to be.
So it's off the table as I look for a few last bits, and I have another much simpler project on the table now.
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

teazer

It's a beautiful bike and reminds me of a V twin TZ but I don't suppose any parts would cross over even if they were available.

pdxjim

Quote from: teazer on June 04, 2023, 04:16:42 PMIt's a beautiful bike and reminds me of a V twin TZ but I don't suppose any parts would cross over even if they were available.

Actually, a surprising amount of 4DP TZ parts crossover to this model of TZR.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A