Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Next One

Started by mixedbikes, March 26, 2023, 02:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedbikes

Finished a 400, now to start on a 350. Got some of it done before I stored it a few years ago.

m in sc

looks good, the little touches i can see already are nice. whats going on w the fork dust caps?

mixedbikes

just stuck front end together for mock up, will still need caps and such. Will need your advice on who to send crank to for rebuild.

Striker1423

Many crank rebuilders around.

Economy Cycle
Ed Toomey
Bill Bune

mixedbikes

Thanks for that, I see these guys do them. My old kart engine builder no longer does this stuff, so I have no experience with any of these guys. Thats why I was just asking to see who is good and runs there work like a business, as I have dealt with some (not 2 stroke guys) who were not terribly reliable. I will be contacting a couple of them soon to see who does what, thanks again.

kramdua

there is a lot of hard work put into those wheels and hubs.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

mixedbikes

Thank you. The wheels and hubs were a learning experience. I super cleaned everything, and took parts to a local chrome shop. They are a very old shop that does real chrome. While there I learned (according to them) no shop will touch rechroming wheels due to liability, so they agreed to strip, and I powdercoated them after a good inspection. Also, they said most lower legs from all makes are of such poor quality due to porosity they rarely chrome them. the hubs were so nice, they chromed them, and I fitted them with Buchanans ss spokes. Next things to do will be getting a crank done, and start to put back together, but I do it as a fun hobby and never get in any hurry. (have 4 more to do sitting in the garage if I live long enough)

LMS

Is the gauge bracket painted silver, or did you polish it? I like the contrast.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

mixedbikes

Thanks, I have powdercoated at home for around 20 years. The cups are a flat black, and the bracket is silver. I just do different parts and if I like them they stay, if not I will strip and recoat or buy one off evilbay and redo it. The frame was a pain, as my home made oven will just fit an rd frame. The powder companies actually make a powder called frame black, and it is perfect. I did that frame, and my Daytona frame, truly a pain.

kramdua

great details that's what makes some bikes one of a kind.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

mixedbikes

Most everything on my Daytona is powdercoated, it is just so durable and lasts so well. time consuming, but down the road it pays off I think.