Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

My version of the RD/TZ 375

Started by RSW46, March 26, 2023, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSW46

I finally got most of my project done and would like to share it with my fellow 2strokers. I want to thank Jspooner for encouragement and information at the beginning of the project, his build was very nice and got me moving on mine. I originally got the TZ750 cylinder, head, TZ250 water pump and VM34 carburetors back in the 80s when I was racing with the intend to build a fun street bike. Life happened, and I have had the parts in my spare pile for some time. The front-end and seat came out of my TZ250 spares from back in the day. I modified a 73 RD350 frame to mount the radiator. It has a vape ignition. I am currently working on a modified Radian swing-arm to replace the stock one. Riding it puts a smile on my face.
Robert

Kawtriplefreak

kpke

Outstanding job on that build. Very unique and yeah, I'll bet it does give you lots of smiles.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

Evans Ward

Very nice!  :thumbs: Would love to see and her your bike in a riding video!  :metal:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

SoCal250

Sweet! :bacon: Looks awesome! Congrats on completing such a great looking project.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

very nice indeed!  :clap:

Ive heard the 750 cyls are actually pretty good for street use on this setup.

85RZwade

I'll join that bike's fan club  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

Jspooner

Quote from: m in sc on March 27, 2023, 02:24:42 PM
very nice indeed!  :clap:

Ive heard the 750 cyls are actually pretty good for street use on this setup.

You heard correctly.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

teazer

Nice bike.  How did you adapt the clutch cover to take the water pump?

Those look like Swabrick pipes.  If so be sure to reinforce the stinger to avoid the mufflers falling off. We lost a few that way.

2 Smoker

That is one nice looking machine.

RSW46

Thank for the kind comments, The clutch cover was modified by Ed Toomey so I could use the TZ water pump I had in my spare box. It came out pretty nice. I got the pipe kit from Swabrick and they have the dimensions from the TZ750E model. I will keep an eye out for any cracks in the stinger area. I am pleasantly surprised how street able this combo is.

One other change I did was to put the RD400 transmission into the 350 case following Chucks Q. suggestions. Waiting to see if the nice 2 to 1 carb boot that Mark designed comes available. I could defiantly use one on this bike.
Robert