Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Ken's Garage NC2 Resto Mod

Started by kpke, April 09, 2023, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpke

I haven't quite caught up to this point on my YT channel. This bike will get redressed in NC2 bodywork sometime this summer.

For now...

After about 3 miles around the hood...

https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

Kawtriplefreak

m in sc

Evans Ward

Super nice job there Ken! Better than showroom!  :thumbs: :clap:

Hey- good wine from that vineyard? Love some good cab and red blends!
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

The Red Scourge

Wow, the bike looks great!  I've always loved those RZ speedometers.  Makes it feels like an old fighter plane.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

IR8D8R

My girlfriend is related to the family that owns the Concannon Vineyard. Her side of the family goes by Kincannon. Excellent wine. You're right Evans. I've got a couple cases under the house. Try the Port.

There was some sort of typical Irish Catholic/Protestant split in the family that resulted in the Concannon (Catholic) side leaving Tennessee for California. The Tennessee branch stayed in the hills and made moonshine. I'd say wine was the better choice... Her cousin is the Mayor of Knoxville, TN. Indya Kincannon.

The valley vista made me homesick. It's beautiful in the spring. It will all turn to gold by June.

Nice bike too. It looks showroom fresh. I will have to check out the YT.

IR8D8R

teazer

very nice.  great choice of exhausts.

What tires did you go with and how do they feel so far?  I think it may be time for me to replace the set of Comp K Metzlers that I fitted just after I bought the bike in 93 or thereabouts.

kpke

I appreciate the nice comments! The bike has about 60 miles on it now and runs fantastic.

Evans, yes, there is a good wine from that vineyard. A couple years ago we went to a music event there and bought some sort of a red blend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

IR8D8R, that is an interesting story about Concannon Vineyard. You must be from around here? It is gorgeous in spring around here and this year will stay green much longer than the drought years. In drought years we can be turning "golden" as it really is this time of year. The poppies (and other flowers) are going crazy from all of the rain.

teazer, this bike was to remain sort of stock looking so I went with stock size battleax BT46 tires. It's a bit early to rate them but I have had good luck with the predecessor BT45 tires. Although I always feel more comfortable on one of the hybrid bikes with the modern wider 17 inch tires.

https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158