!977 KZ650

Started by RustyRD, April 15, 2023, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

looks great. rattle can?

RustyRD

Summit racing, Nason primer

RustyRD

time to tackle the tank, drained and removed hardware. some additional prep work and sand with 400. I might just leave it silver, with other projects in works, time is a premium.

RustyRD

ok, placed the tank on it to get an idea of how it will look with all parts painted. The plan for the bike is to be a runabout and not worry if it gets wet.Might even install a rear rack, or a nelson rigg tail bag.

RustyRD

OK the color is silver not emerald green, I made an executive descision to go with silver instead of emerald green. The candy green being applied without a proper area will consume way too much time. I have two RD's that were getting jealous about my time spent with the KZ, so silver it is. Ready for service, not too pretty and not too ugly .....just right. :vroom:  :vroom:

Kawtriplefreak

Beautiful work. I like the silver better! :thumbs:  :thumbs:

RustyRD

OH Thank You so much, kind words, if it   was the only project maybe it would be a different color, however after placing the tank on it I was convinced I was comfortable with silver. Thanks again.

m in sc

looks really good. I like it. well done, and the yellow wires give that late 70's touch nicely. because, we all know yellow plug wires add horsepower.  :toot:

irk_miller

The silver looks great.  If you haven't tried the Lil' Daddy Roth Rattle Bombs, give them a look in the future for a shadetree candy paint job.  Their kit with Gang Green base/Custard Pie Flake/Gang Green Candy is very Kawasaki-esque. I've even done a BMW smoke paint job with the Rattle Bombs.

m in sc

^ just saw that and actually ordered some in a different color for mine.  :haw:

RustyRD

I wanted to give it a period look, and yellow wires were easy and needed, I am really pleased with the Delkivic exhaust and price. 400 $ stainless   And it's light. 

m in sc

have the exact same exhaust on mine. (actually fired it up tonight) man it sounds good.

RustyRD

Pull the small center baffle for additional increase in dB   

m in sc

yeah, my cb1100 one was like that, i left that one out,(was quieter than the stock exhaust with it in, i swear) but for now i'll leave this one in till i get riding it.

RustyRD

Yep avoid it getting misplaced, I have been thinking carb swap any ideas.