Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

I love this bike!

Started by soonerbillz, June 27, 2023, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Here's my newest replacement project. I lost a lot in the fire.
 A good friend David Billingsly helped me ride a Tiddler run last year by loaning me his beautiful LS2 100. I fell in love with it!
 Been looking for one ever since.
 Today I scored!
 A kinda complete bike with a good engine and a real crusty parts bike.
So now on to the parts acquisition stage!

Evans Ward

Cool little twin! Congrats!  :thumbs:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

soonerbillz

Quote from: Evans Ward on June 27, 2023, 08:30:55 PMCool little twin! Congrats!  :thumbs:

Thanks!
 They really are quite a fun bike to ride!

m in sc

sweet. if you ever want to unload a set of crusty spare cyls, let me know. supposed to be quite an upgrade for the YL1.  and yes, good score indeed!!  :olaf:

SoCal250

Congrats Scott. :thumbs:  Those are cool little one-year-only bikes
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

soonerbillz

Quote from: m in sc on June 28, 2023, 10:34:43 AMsweet. if you ever want to unload a set of crusty spare cyls, let me know. supposed to be quite an upgrade for the YL1.  and yes, good score indeed!!  :olaf:

Thanks Mark.
 It will be a while before I get going as I want to get my R5 done first.
 But when I do get there and don't need it I'll holler at you.

soonerbillz

Hey guys
I wanted to let you know about something I found out.

When I got the bike(s) they did not have any seats on them.
I searched high and low for some correct seats with no luck. It seems that being a 1 year only model so the seats are pretty rare.
I did in my Ebay searches, find a link to a NOS LS3 seat overseas. The seller wanted $500 plus shipping.  Ouch! Talking a few knowledgeable folks the general consensus was that they thought it would not fit. The LS3 model (single cylinder 100cc) was offered along side the LS2 but few dealers actually ordered the model to have on the showroom floor. Seems it was way more popular in the British and European markets. The LS3 was looked just like the LS2 but with engine similar to the LT2/LT3 enduro.
One fellow though did offer me a couple really rough LT2 pans at a fair price but I would have to cut them up and build a usable pan out of the pieces. There is sources for aftermarket LS2 covers and even foam.
But on a FB group recently a fellow offered up for sale another LS3 NOS complete seat. Tgis was a USA seller.
I contacted him and he made me a great deal on it and I spun the wheel hoping the seat would or could (with minor tweaks) fit the LS2.
Well the seat showed up and it was indeed NOS perfect.  Even better it does fit !  Though it is a bit different as the seat lift rod is mounted a wee bit different and I think the hinges are maybe a tad shorter allowing the seat to just barely touch the right shock nut.
..and yes the LS3 seat cover is a bit different than the LS2 ... but it still looks great!
So if you are building one of these LS2 bikes and have a missing seat there are options to the correct factory seat. Also afterwards I found that someone in Thailand is making reproduction LS3 seats now.

m in sc

sweet! i ran into similar stuff on my YL1, other parts swapping. (not the seat though)

looks great!

teazer

wOW.  A TA125 in street trim.. :whistle:  :rolleyes: We had a CS5 at one time.  Great little bike to thrash around on and for some reason that escapes me , I said NO to an actual TA125 many years ago.

AAAltered

Nice pickup Scott.  I parked my R5 next to one at a show in Florida and was amazed at how tiny everything seemed on the 100.
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

soonerbillz

Quote from: AAAltered on January 24, 2024, 09:47:17 AMNice pickup Scott.  I parked my R5 next to one at a show in Florida and was amazed at how tiny everything seemed on the 100.
Thanks.
 I agree. It just like a miniature R5.

m in sc

they are TINY. ive had my YL1 Parked next to my CB1100, and it looked like the CB had a kitten.  :dawg: