News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Wade's World (Chehalis/Centralia Ride 7/19/2023)

Started by gardenhosebusabottle, July 19, 2023, 11:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenhosebusabottle

So I took Wade's advice and took his "home from work ride" today.  Friggin' HOT.  Thank god for Camelback liquid thingy's...must've drank at LEAST a 1/2 gallon or more of water/gatorade today.  <  Hydrate WHILE you ride...you'd be amazed at the endurance that this thing gives you w/o getting delirious.

So before I started his route off I-5 north to EXIT 74 or Labree Rd.  I decided to take Headquarters road about 20 or so miles beforehand.   Headquarters is a nice clean twisty bit and then you turn left on Silver Lake Road....nice blast up and then Silver lake takes you down to Spirit Lake Hwy (504).  The Johnston Ridge side of Mt. St. Helens is closed, so i headed west to I-5.  I noticed Pacific Hwy paralled the road on the east side of I-5 and decided to explore.  From there it turns into barnes rd as you cross over west side of I-5.  You turn Right on Rogers rd which crosses to the west side of I-5 and then take Jackson Hwy northbound until it "T"s with 505N for about a mile and turns back into Jackson Hwy.  I think i took that all the way to Bishop then left on RUSH! rd :olaf: to short blast on I-5 to LaBree Rd.  I wanted to avoid the freeway on this 1st part of the trip and this did nicely w/ no real surprise.  If you want detail on Wades' loop, go to the GENERAL section of the forum and you find it there.

Now here's the pictures to Wade's World...no more text....might take me awhile to load each one, so starting now it is 8:03PM pST on 7/19/23.  so you might have to refress a couple times.  Might take me an hour  to load all 14? pics.

enjoy...

W_World1a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

W_World3a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

W_World4a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

W_World5a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

gardenhosebusabottle

gardenhosebusabottle

moar...

breakfast at JUDY"S!!!  (Denver omellete, bacon hashbrowns)..

W_World10a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

W_World11a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

gardenhosebusabottle

getting pretty hot now..

W_World12a by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

I turned right on this road (dead ends) nice turns though...think it was Big hammaburger or something like that....goes past the chehalis steam plant.  Then i back tracked....there was this black ops helicopter circling the whole area for at least 20 minutes...Security?  maybe Wade knows!

W_World_steamplanta by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

I always feel like.....somebody's watchin' me-eeee!!!

W_World14_blackopsa by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

gardenhosebusabottle

Frank Zappa's BABY SNAKES...killer song dude.

W_World_babysnakea by Kevin Bayron, on Flickr

that's all folks...hope you enjoyed the pic.

Now i will go collapse...95 plus degrees i think today.  Judy's car issue..weird noises.k right when i arrived at the Steam plant in Chehalis.  Straight shot back home to pick her up.  Hope the mechanic doesn't find anything major.

Remember:  Camelback Jack and you'll ride forever....definitely a life saver...

Evans Ward

Enjoyed the pics and that ride looks like fun!  :thumbs:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

gardenhosebusabottle

Thanks E.W.!  There's some other good roads in that area.  Takes me about 1 hour or so to get there, but beats the portland 3:30PM traffic jam on the way home if I rode in OR.  No traffic on the WA side going home 5pm onward.I'm kind of "on the fence" about Brooklyn Rd.  Every time I have fallen has been on gravel...and there's at least 7 miles of it on that road...looks awesome on the map though...then there's the crazy log truck driver's! 

m in sc

nice. what no dank wheelie pics? come on man.  :metal:

gardenhosebusabottle

I'll work on it.  ... :dawg: .

85RZwade

I'm glad you liked my roads! That little chicane after the railroad tracks, the downhill right hander...next time try Rice road for a succession of 90 degree "15" mph corners!
I post waayyy too much

gardenhosebusabottle

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much