This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rogers County Vintage Motorcycle Tour

Started by soonerbillz, July 28, 2023, 12:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Calling all vintage bikes!
Only a month away to the Rogers County vintage & modern motorcycle tour.
 Don't forget to mark your calendars!

Hey folks! Heads up!

I am putting together a vintage motorcycle ride that will be held in August.
  This would be a ride geared mainly towards vintage bikes though I'm not going to exclude motorcycles that would not fall in that category. For those wanting to come along for the ride here are some details:
 So it will be conducted in Rogers County Oklahoma. It will be almost 100% on back country roads. Very little highway except to possibly cross over or get to another road. Lots of back country hills, lots of twisty turns. Oklahoma being the way it is where the roads are laid out in a grid pattern with crossroads every mile or so.. I've tried to choose as many roads that are not that fashion. So there will be some long stretches of rolling hills and flat stuff too. There will be a few 4 way stops at intersections as well. Pretty much a smorgasbord of varying roads and conditions. There will be no dirt or gravel sections though some small parts where the county has done minor road repairs. I've ridden the route extensively and will give everyone a heads up where those areas are.
 So the travels will not exceed more than 50-55 mph speeds for any length of time. Average cruising speeds will be around 35-45 mph. The distance will be approximately 130 miles all told.
  Therefore lightweight bikes that are small 100 - 50 CC's would probably not be great riding choices as I expect bigger bikes will likely be represented. Even so I won't tell anyone they aren't invited but riders will have to make that decision for themselves.
 I have all the details pretty much ironed out.  I do have the route already mapped out.
I will share those details at a later date once I get things a little bit more set.
 We will have a few stops for fuel, water and a quick rest. I have a great little restaurant that will be ready for all who join in can have lunch.
  I wanted to put together something just for my area for a pretty laid back ride up here. Of course anybody will be invited.
  Like I said August 19th is the date as that would be a proper time frame to do this for 2023 that way where I'm not interfering with or getting in the middle of anybody else's established local rides.
 So let me know what you think. Please give me a holler or comment on this post.
  Thanks.. Scott.

** Update **

The Starting point will be at Claremore Regional Airport just east of Claremore Oklahoma.

We will have a SAG wagon and trailer joining the ride that will follow us. The wagon and trailer will carry gas, drinks and snacks. The trailer will be available for any bikes unable to complete the ride. The truck is a four door so there will be plenty of room for those riders that may need transport.
 Also we will have at minimum two people on the ride who are 100% trained in emergency first aid care and the truck will carry a first aid kit.