News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Rd400 — Leaving Barrels unpainted??

Started by Joshua, June 07, 2019, 08:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERTUNE

Good practice on those Daytona carbs, looks great, but you won't want to run them... :bang: Great wall art :righteous:
You'll want a more performance and simple setup.
VM30mm's run really killer with my setups.

Chuck

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Joshua

Practice it was. Was hoping I could sell them 😞

While your suggesting, if you could, I still need direction on carbs and pipes. I saw Garrett was making pipes now, what pipes for a Daytona bike just don't know what direction. I'm fine with fab work on the frame. Interested in a fun road bike, hopefully that will stay together.

SUPERTUNE

Just gave you one...VM30mm. (new VM28's, TM34's)
Can't never go wrong with dyno proven Spec II pipes, still makes them for the Daytona... Put one set on about thanksgiving and have another set due for another build in a couple of weeks.
Order now, Gary only makes them to order, about 6-8 weeks. Moto Carrera's are ok, but over 10 year old design due to a stamped die, not as good as Gary's pipes IMO! As race pipes (race gas) yes, Moto Carrera pipes won a lot of races... (Formula RD) they make power.
Gary has developed his hand rolled cones more over the years (easier to change) and is more streetable due to more torque and wider powerband.
JL's are more GP look and fall in between the two as far as performance for pump gas street setup.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Tuck

Proven..... Spec II chambers, TM34's , Vforce reeds and Chuck's stage 2 porting = Lots of fun. ;D