Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Why so fast?

Started by kramdua, March 14, 2024, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramdua

here I am out today riding my rd350b. I don't have to go far to be on really winding roads. I am 60 now and I have always wanted all my different motorcycles to get every little bit of power out of it. to the best of my ability.
back to the ride. I turn on one road and I try to keep it quiet around houses. I was probably doing 55 and coming into some turns. then it hit me. why do I have to go so fast through these turns. after that I slowed it down a level and rode the rest of the day just enjoying the ride.
I liked the ride better.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

Milan

hooligan
noun
hoo·�li·�gan ˈhü-li-gən
plural hooligans
Synonyms of hooligan
: a usually young man who engages in rowdy or violent behavior especially as part of a group or gang : ruffian, hoodlum.

So is there a word for us as we get older & prefer to ride like this?

m in sc

slow?  :dawg:

It depends on the day and state of mind. i own a few bikes that struggle to hit 60, and some that will easily do well over 100 all day. State of mind is the biggest factor i think. also, environment matters. I rode the KZ in today on the interstate, was cruising along at what felt like a leisurely 80, as cars were flying by on the left.

LMS

Do I like driving fast when I can, yes. Do I like riding fast around here, not really. But where I live now compared to where I used to live, well living in Chicago has taken most of the fun out of it. I'm old enough to not care how much faster my bike might be with better pipes, etc.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

soonerbillz

After years of racing and lots of street shenanigans I am now at the point where speed is not important.  In fact I would rather ride a smaller bike on back country roads at a very leisurely pace.
 The thrill of speed doesn't elude my memories. Neither does the memory of multiple broken body parts that came with it.

kramdua

great answers.
I went out today for a ride. I rode my Honda nighthawk and I rode at a normal pace again and enjoyed it.
I am sorry about your riding in Chicago. many times I leave my home and I say to myself there aren't any cars. lucky I guess.   
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.