News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

384 v force for RD mods (no cyl cutting required)

Started by m in sc, March 23, 2024, 02:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Pictorial how to mod 384 v force reeds to fit in to an rd motor w out adding a reed spacer or grinding intake.

these will go right in w no other mods to the motor . the upside is it has double the reeds, and they are 1 pc. Ideal for running stock up to 30mm carbs.

stock:

reed petal width:

depth:

v force:

v force reed width:

bolt pattern not fitting:

drill holes , step the drilling . start with 7mm, then open up to 8.5mm Minimally, up to 9mm.

slow drill, go easy.

all drilled out:

open up the left and right ID of the reed stuffer on the v force with a round file. they are a bit small on the sides, you need to remove about 1/2-1mm per side.

install like stock unit, but use gasket between reed and intake as well. will need ot trim ears off  astock intake if you have one.
done. 4 petal c/f reeds.

Hawaii-Mike

pdxjim

Should mention UPP manifolds are flat-backed without ears, and go straight on without trimming.

I had a tough time getting trimmed stock manifolds to seal.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

true. I haven't had an issue personally, but i finish them off on a block w sandpaper. (if i use the stock ones). the upps are def better way to go though.

85RZwade

Would you recommend that tack life caliper? I love the big display, and I see they're inexpensive  :clap:
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

2steve

What noticeable change(s) in performance?
Or, do you need a certain modification to see a real benefit?

m in sc

honestly, just better transitions and crisper response