This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Fork Springs & Shocks For Honda MB5?

Started by ~JM~, July 02, 2019, 08:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~JM~

Anyone ever heard of after-market fork springs & shocks for an MB5?  :umm:

I know... Tiny bike, only imported for 1 year, etc....

It's my most reliable, low mile, bike & it is kind of fun. Fork seal is beginning to leak & time to look into the possibilities. I would like to firm up the front end. Feels like the same spring strength as a toilet paper dispenser. 

Thanks.

2 Stroke Jamoke

If you have the coin I would call Matt Wiley at racetech, his number and email are on the contacts page of their site. He had me measure up my original springs and spacers, my gamma was not on their automated site cause of import. He sent me a quote for 2 different springs and gold valves and even gave me a discount! So he can definitely help you get a rate for your weight cheers -Ian

quocle603

I've put on those Chinese shocks in the rear  but needed to mount them upside down because they wouldn't clear the frame. A lot of people like them but I much rather have the stock look and feel.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

~JM~

Sent an e-mail to both Racetech & Sonic.

Wonder how long it will take for them to quit laughing & reply.

m in sc

i run some generic replacements i got off ebay, i think they were like 50 bucks, for the kawi 120. the originals were just way to undersprung and zero dampening.  these were listed for a 250? or something i don't remember, but if you look for scooter shocks or whatever, something will pop up that dont look blaringly out of place but can handle a full adult.   :twocents:

Guygrrr

A little late on this conversation, but just regarding MB5 suspension, YSS do a emulator type valve that will fit the MB5 forks. Which is fun, and does make a pretty big difference in how the bikes handle. More pertinent info here.

https://www.planetminis.com/threads/xr100-mb5-fork-interchange.185506/

~JM~

Quote from: Guygrrr on September 27, 2019, 12:41:20 PM
A little late on this conversation, but just regarding MB5 suspension, YSS do a emulator type valve that will fit the MB5 forks. Which is fun, and does make a pretty big difference in how the bikes handle. More pertinent info here.

https://www.planetminis.com/threads/xr100-mb5-fork-interchange.185506/

That's some good info right there. I have yet to address the MB5 so there is plenty of time. I originally bought the MB5 to teach my G/F to ride. Started in a grass covered park on a Briggs & Stratton powered minibike, then an XR75. After riding the XR home on the pavement a few times, I began looking for a more street oriented bike. Found the MB5. Worked perfect, plus I enjoy the little bike. Decided to keep the MB5.  Thanks.