News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

DG pipe Installation - RD350

Started by MRDRcycle, July 10, 2019, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRDRcycle

Hello,

I just got a new set of DG's for my 73' RD 350. I installed one chamber easily to the rear foot rest bracket (inside the frame) just as the instructions say. However, the other pipe (kickstand side) hits the frame near the rear sprocket and will not reach the bracket if I try installing it the same way.

I'm thinking a section of the pipe may have been welded in the wrong position - it shouldn't be this difficult :umm:. Do some folks install these pipes on the outside of the frame vs. inside?

I'm thinking I may have to return these, but am going to give it another try. Any help here would be much appreciated.

suey1958

I have those DG's on a 75 model (should be the same) Mine are mounted on the inside of the Passenger peg bracket. I am pretty sure thats the only way to mount them. 

RDryan

Hi, that's what I'm running now the DG pipes on my 75' RD250. I kinda wonder the same thing though in regards to install, they take a bit of persuading with the rubber mallet. Mounting tabs for both sides are on the inside of passenger peg mount brackets. When I fitted mine I left the cylinder flange/mounts bolt loosely, if that helps. They weren't easy to fit and too look at them  from the rear you can see that they differ in relational distance to the rest of the bike.

Czakky

Those passenger brackets are known to be bent. FWIW

MRDRcycle

Thanks everyone! I'll give it a shot.

SUPERTUNE

I make my own rubber 1/16th rubber washers and go to Ace Hardware and get 8mm allen bolts with nylock nuts and fender washers to mount pipes on RD's. Just leave some play in them as the nyloc's will stay on.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com