News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

RD400 under construction

Started by rd400greenhorn, February 16, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvsrd

Nice!  Just a suggestion. Mead Speed in the UK make a TZ style fiberglass rear inner fender, that will keep debris away from your air filter  :twocents:

rd400greenhorn

Interesting.
I Will try googling it 👌

rodneya

Quote from: Dvsrd on July 20, 2020, 03:32:39 PM
Nice!  Just a suggestion. Mead Speed in the UK make a TZ style fiberglass rear inner fender, that will keep debris away from your air filter  :twocents:

I made one out of an old GS front fender that I cut in half. I was worried about water getting thrown from the tire onto the airfilters

rd400greenhorn

Since this is a Sunny weather only bike, i think i Will leave it as is, but thanks for siggestions guys

rd400greenhorn

Waiting for better weather
Its pooring down at the moment, mounted pipes i got with the frame, 5 years ago, should pass noice, when getting it legal for the roads ( Then back with the Jim lomas)

Anyone tell me what they Are?
Might be rd350? Says yamaha and a number on the can

rd400greenhorn

Just had My first illegal testride for 10km about
It shakes, and Its rough to ride on the hands 😅 handlebar feels to skinny

The gear shifter mecanism is not good to put it nicely. It shift like crap

Definately needs attention. Its a rear set and shifter from vintage smoke

But it was fun none the less to ride it. Man, Cant imagine giving it full throttle in All gears right now, Its gonna fly😁

2 Stroke Jamoke

See if you can find a 79 or later rd400 shift shaft and pawl mechanism,  it has more leverage than the older style! Cheers

rd400greenhorn

Just small update
Got working on the shifter mecanism today, hopefully it stays like this.
Also bend the mecanism on the carb up on both, no fuel spill so far.

I apparently drains the battery somehow, need to adress whats doing it.

Hopefully i can try to get it licensed soon ( before paint and seat) just so i can testride a bit more and adjust etc

Stay tuned

rd400greenhorn

These i ment on the carbs

rd400greenhorn

Milestone!!  :clap:

Got the bike licesend today. Had to change the pipes, led headlight, front master etc but iam putting those back on offcourse 😁👌
Will be doing All the little things still missing over the next months until season 2021, and it Will be finished with paint, seat, right fuel lines, headlight, etc etc

:cheerleader:

Hawaii-Mike

I think it would look good with the 1978 RD400E paint scheme.

rd400greenhorn

Mike
What colour are you thinking :)

Dvsrd

I definitely like that you avoided the stubby tail look that has become almost a universal standard nowadays

rd400greenhorn

I liked the angular coffin tank, and wanted that to continue towards the rear :clap: