Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Anybody know what the $&@# this is??!?

Started by peaky, February 10, 2020, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaky

This here part was in a bunch of bins that came with my Daytona project. Got no clue what it is. Don't even know if it's for bikes. Says made in USA and has AP logo. Can someone tell me what the hell's goin on!!?!

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Striker1423

Quote from: pdxjim on February 10, 2020, 10:01:07 PM
Turbo Encabulator.

Helps with modal fluxes I do believe. Needs a new sperving bearing from what I can see though.  :haw:

85RZwade

Agreed. Sperving bearing is shot, probably because some noob installed it backwards! You'll want to replace it with a high-speed chrome reverse bearing, as sperving bearings are made of unobtanium. Literally. Die-cast unobtanium.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

clutch slave cyl. out of what i dont know.

peaky

Thanks Mark. Guy was an old drag bike guy. It looks "clutchy" but I've never seen anything like it before.

These other guys had me thinking Uranium Pu-36 space modulator.

m in sc

doesn't look ford, have done a few of those, my guess is GM. id just stuff it right in the trashcan.  :toot:

-Mark

peaky

Thanks Mark (sorry). It's headin for the bin!  :taz: Weeeeeeeeee!

85RZwade

Better save the sperving bearing out of it, people collect those...
I post waayyy too much

peaky

Quote from: 85RZwade on February 11, 2020, 09:42:54 AM
Better save the sperving bearing out of it, people collect those...

Give me your address. I'll send it to ya.  :nana:

rd400canuck

85RZwade

Well, I thought that was a lot of good fun. Of course, it's easy to have a good time as a smartass in the peanut gallery, so I'll offer something for identification this time, and I'll make it an easy one:

I have a shed full of weird old stuff, so I can do this for days...but is anyone else interested? We'll see.
peaky, my shipping address is 1313 Mockingbird Lane, zip code E-I-E-I-O
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Crank operated spinny-turny thing?

Valve lapper?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

Did my wife put you up to this? Spinny-turny thing...You're right, of course...I just thought it would take a little longer! Got a puzzler of your own for us (me?)?
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Haha .... is it really a valve lapper?

Funny story, a few years ago Amazon suggested I buy one of those suction cups on a stick style lappers, and I'm like ... "do you even know me?"