Main Menu

TZ350

Started by RDFL, July 30, 2020, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

economan

Yeap, Now it's in Miami and asking even more $$   :busey:

bitzz

What do we think this thing is worth?
There weren't many made and few remain as original as this.

Jspooner

Quote from: bitzz on July 31, 2020, 09:57:35 AM
What do we think this thing is worth?
There weren't many made and few remain as original as this.

I have no idea what it might be worth but it looks pretty rough to me even though it does look pretty complete and with spares. I'd guess its maybe a couple grand over priced.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Yamaha 179

There is a lot wrong with this bike.  Here are the things I spotted:
Pipes appear TZ 250, maybe C or D.  Hard to tell because of silencers.  Certainly not TZ 350.  Wrong hangers also.
Fairing is not original but that is not a big thing except at that $11 K price.
Rear gas tank support pads are wrong.
Wrong kill switch.
No temp gauge.
Yazaki tach.  Should be Nipon Seki.  The Yazaki was a TD1 item, maybe early TD2; not TD3 or TZ.
Wheel rims are not OEM.  Like the fairing, not a big thing because that was frequently done back in the day. 

I didn't bother to look at the spares but this will be a very expensive project.  I guess I should go back and look at the VIN to make sure it is really a TZ 350 and not a 250, 383 frame number as opposed to a 430 frame number.  If it is really a 350 chassis and the numbers match it's probably worth $7.5K if it's a 250 in that shape it is worth $5K. 
Lyn Garland

Czakky

SoCal250

It wasn't that long ago this thing was listed and discussed here. For some reason I thought it was way back. I guess my perception of time is warped these days.

The old thread for reference: http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=1974.0
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

teazer

The frame number quoted is a 72 TD2 so Lyn is right that it started as an air cooled 250.  Pipes have been muffled and have what look more like TZ mounts but are too short for a 350.  The exhaust mounts on a twin shock TZ should be the same as a TD3 or TR3.

Yam 179 loaned me some TD parts to repair the pipes on the TZ250 that I restored a few years ago.

It's rough for that sort of cash and very non-standard, which makes it more overpriced. 

Doesn't stop me lusting after it though. I have a soft spot for rough girls...