This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Coffee

Started by sav0r, September 11, 2020, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

Happy National Coffee Day! (Sep 29)
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pidjones

Quote from: SoCal250 on September 29, 2020, 11:12:22 AM
Happy National Coffee Day! (Sep 29)
I started off with three mugs. May have to make more this afternoon. And tonight is Bike Night at the Time Warp Tea Room, so medium Americano then!
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

quocle603

I recently had to cut down on my coffee intake (kills me). I think it's linking me to my chronic canker sores.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

teazer

It all depends.  We use a French Press when visitors are around (remember those days).

We also have a really cheap expresso machine that makes great froth to put on top. My son went nuts and bought a professional grade expresso machine for his office, but I'm not sure the coffee is any better than from a cheap one like ours.

Most days we just use a stove top Stainless Steel Bialetti.  We still have a couple of old Bialetti Moka pots but I'm sure the aluminum gets into the coffee, so we use the stainless one most days.  Heat some milk in a mug, pour in the coffee.  Instant flat white.

And every so often we make Lebanese coffee in a small pot with coffee from Lebanon with cardamom in it. Coffee and sugar in the pot.  Bring it to a rolling boil and pour into small demi tasse cups.

Coffee comes in many flavors and varieties. Experiment.

sav0r

Since I started this thread I have pretty much done what I always do, that being spend way too much time researching stuff and ultimately waffling on a decision. Just ask my wife, she'll tell you all about it.

I am definitely going to go the espresso route. I just have to pick a price point and feature set. Some of the $300-400 machines look awesome. But I'm hesitant to spend that much right now, we just have too many projects going on.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

quocle603

:guinness: coffee saved my life.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

Halmic

I took delivery of a Breville Bambino Plus today (and the matching Breville grinder), I'll keep you posted as to how it performs.  We have a Breville Oracle Touch at the office and it's amazing, but too pricey for your average home espresso setup!

pidjones

The wife just got the doctors order to cut out caffeine. So, hot brown water for her now.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Evans Ward

Enjoying this morning
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

pdxjim

Quote from: Halmic on October 07, 2020, 11:08:04 PM
I took delivery of a Breville Bambino Plus today (and the matching Breville grinder), I'll keep you posted as to how it performs.  We have a Breville Oracle Touch at the office and it's amazing, but too pricey for your average home espresso setup!

Why did you choose the Bambino + grinder over the Barista Express with built in grinder?

From experience, I can tell you consistency is everything when it comes to these machines.  Getting the grind coarseness and amount just right is crucial to a successful pull. 

With the Barista Express, the grind and amount comes out exactly the same every time. 
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

DesmoDrew

Locally roasted free trade beans
Hario Skerton Pro ceramic burr hand grinder
Kalita 155 stainless pour-over dripper
Cusimax gooseneck kettel

Each cup takes about five minutes to hand grind and drip.  I enjoy the process.  Often I can get raw cream from a local farmer, and I add a bit of that.

speedygw

Day to day we use a Cuisinart 12 cup. It's a work horse that has lasted over ten years and when set up properly every night gives us a consistently good cup of coffee ever morning. We were recently gifted a Nespresso machine. It's expensive as hell to run every day but there's no ignoring that it produces a wide variety of really good coffees. Maybe I'm wrong but the coffee choices lean towards Italian varieties. It's not like running to Peet's for a pound of Sumatra. The coffee is great though and when we have pods on hand we generally take that over the drip stuff. We have a french press that I really like. It produces a delicious and robust cup of coffee and setup isn't too much trouble. We use it for camping as well. Last, we have a stove top espresso maker. It's mostly for when I need espresso for a recipe (tiramisu). The all have their redeeming qualities and not one can be termed "best".

sav0r

I've been pounding away with our Chulux (K-cup). It makes pretty good coffee and the off brand pods from Aldi's actually make some good coffee.

Of course since posting this my TV has blown up, my car ended up back at the stealership for (going on) ten days, and so realistically it's just not the right time to drop $500 on a new espresso machine. Hopefully I will soon though.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

SoCal250

Quote from: Evans Ward on October 08, 2020, 08:28:31 AM
Enjoying this morning
I bet the coffee tastes better in that mug! :celebrate:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)