News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

TM32 conversion

Started by Kawtriplefreak, January 19, 2021, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

<a href="https://imgbox.com/khnSsUOY" target="_blank">image host</a> <a href="https://imgbox.com/2bxjWgz6" target="_blank">image host</a>

The air filters are quite the challenge to wrestle into position. But they do fit.

Kawtriplefreak

Fed the cows and spent a few minutes on the RD. All back together. Air filters and tank installed. This going to work shit is interfering with my wrenching/ jetting time. I hope to be able to do an initial run up and down the road tomorrow after chores on the farm and before work. Surprisingly I can reach both enrichener knobs without too much grief.

rodneya

I have TM34's which are pretty much the same carb body, and I have no problems reaching both choke knobs even with gloves on.
Now that its warming up a bit I may get motivated to actually install the airfilter I bought to get away from squishing the pods in between the frame tubes.

Kawtriplefreak

Do you have a picture of your filter? I would love to see it.

rodneya

I got this on Ebay from ramair in the UK. Mine is the 65mm internal height option. there are thicker and thinner versions.
The foam part has a mesh inside for support that may need to be shaped to go around the frame tubes.
Just need to cut two holes for the carbs through the base plate and decide how I want to mount them to the carb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAMAIR-Carb-Bolt-On-Air-Filters-With-Blank-Baseplate-65mm-Internal-Height-/271362345303?hash=item3f2e74c957

Kawtriplefreak

Czakky

Kawtriplefreak

1st jetting run idles perfect. Pulls off great. Any throttle past 1/4 turn and it is like you shut the ignition off. Very rich. Changed to the P4 needle jets and managed to get it to pull through and come up on the pipe once on 2nd jetting run before motor was fully warmed up. Then it fouled the right hand plug. So I am ordering P2 and P0 needle jets. I am getting more proficient at pulling them off and putting them on. I will move the needle to the leanest position while I wait on parts to see if that will make it rideable. It is in the middle now. Thanks to M in SC for your guidance as always.

Kawtriplefreak

Further research revealed that these carbs come with 5FP1-7 needles stock so
I ordered a set of those as well.

Czakky

The P0s were too lean for me. P2s are pretty close, I tried a tiny bit leaner needle it helped. I think I'm at 240 mains and 35(?) pilots.

Kawtriplefreak

I am hoping the needles will fix it. The P0s weren't available at Niche Cycle so I ended up ordering just  the P2s and the stock needles. Parts should be here by my next break. Initially my plan is to change out the needles and install a fresh set of plugs and give it a try.

m in sc

fyi, you can test with autolite 4092s if you think you're going to kill them on jetting runs. cheap and available.

Kawtriplefreak

Yep
Per your recommendation I have been using them for years. Thanks Mark!!

Czakky

I've got a set of P0s too if you want to try them.
Pay for shipping if they work just make a donation to the forum.

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks for the kind offer. I will let you know.