News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayduke

After 4(!) years I finally took the sheet off the RD and gave it some attention. I figured the carbs would look like crap but I must have used stabilizer or real gas because everything was still really clean. Because this is a Bitsa Daytona there's a bit of a mishmash of parts. I'm not sure if the airbox is 1A1 or 2V0 but in order to remove the carbs I have to disassemble the airbox in the frame in order to wiggle it out, I also have to loosen the electric plate under the RH side cover to make a little more room.

Since it's been years, I cleaned and synced the carbs, bled the brakes, flushed the gas tank and gave it a good overall cleaning of dust and cobwebs.

Of course its raining a little today so I'll hold off on firing it up.

Czakky

:clap:good on ya for getting that far!

Aloha808

Cleaned the rz's front caliper/piston system via ultrasonic cleaner for rebuilding.

Also, removed small rust patches on the frame and touched them up.  I decided not to paint the whole frame.

Yesterday, I took the other rz for a quick rip around the neighborhood. 

Kawtriplefreak

Rode all 3 of them and then pulled the pipes off the RD for repaint. Bead blasted and painted the chamber flanges.

m in sc

paul1478

I just picked up my cowl from my new seat. Just waiting on matching graphics to be done. I love it and am very happy with the outcome.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

pidjones

Checked on the RD's fuel tank liner. Looks like I suspect it should. Four days to let POR15 cure. I think it's going to work though because there is a very small drip/bump that formed on the pinhole. Work on other bikes instead, and get ready for the big vintage show in Sevierville this weekend.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

pdxjim

Walked out to the garage and pulled the tarp off the TDR.

The annual Portland Alley Sweeper ride is this Saturday.

Toss up between the KTM 300XCW or the TDR.  The 300 is way too easy to go way too fast thru the alleys, and the super gummy tire won't last long on the street.  The TDR will keep me out of most of the alleys, as the supersport tires are deadly in the grass an mud.  The ride's a bit of a shitshow these days anyway.  A victim of it's own popularity.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

Got it ready to ride to work! This is the first part of my username: my trusted and long-suffering RZ350.

Finally replaced the intake manifolds, put on a clean air filter, checked the fluids, set tire pressures and fired it up. Sounds ready to rip!

Weather is supposed to be glorious the next few days, so I look forward to riding all week. Here's to taking the long way home  :cheers:
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

soonerbillz

Spent this weekend tearing down my R5. The motoer is on the bench and will be torn down this week.
Getting ready to send parts off to John Ritter for service.

pidjones

Disconnected both fuel lines on the RD400c and joined them with a piece of 1/4" tubing (petcock is leaking - new one on order). Then drained the float bowls, put ~5ml 2T oil down each plug hole, put them back in loosely, and kicked and kicked. I'm fairly certain that I put fuel into the crank from a leaky float valve seat (loose - my uh-oh). So I'll patiently kick it over when I go past it. Had to put it in the shed again because I just got a text that my new Spyder will be delivered tomorrow!
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

busa1300

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

I learned two things riding my RZ today: the part-throttle hesitation I experienced last fall WAS due to cracked intake manifolds, and my knee is OK with the rear-sets in the morning, but not so happy after a day of work. I tore the meniscus in my right knee in February, and apparently I'm ready for the stock footpegs again.
I post waayyy too much

Czakky

I finally got my wiggling headlight mounts sorted! I had some 35mm headlight ear bushings from a different bike that fit perfect. I had to loosen the triple a bit to get it all to come together, but it's tight and rubber mounted now.
48f outside but I'm going for a test ride when I can.