Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

4U0regon

Started by pdxjim, February 10, 2019, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

Looking good Jim. Lots of pretty new bits!  :cheerleader:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pdxjim

Time to dig this old thread back up ...

Got a new pair of cylinders in the works.  Dropped them off at the vapor blaster's today and picked up the last batch of stuff they did for me.  Fork lowers, NK Racing caliper adapters, and footrest hangers.

Waiting on fork seals to show up ... gotta order a set of steering bearings, then the front end can go back together.

As always, big thanks to Garrett for all the help.  Looks like I may be running one of the first sets of his new pipes!

Stoked to be making some forward progress again!!!
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

GRA2STROKES

Thanks Jim! Hope to have them o ringed tomorrow and possibly open up intakes for v force. We will see how the day goes.

Garrett

GRA2STROKES

Got Jim's cylinders decked and o ringed.

pdxjim

Making progress.  Finally painted the sidecovers with PJ1 "Engine and case" paint.  Baking them on the backyard grill:

Front end is back together.  While I'm waiting on engine parts, I'm going thru the chassis and cleaning and painting as I go.  Foot controls are completely refurbed, frame and subframe, signals, switchgear, etc.

Cyls are in SoCal with EE.  Chassis off to Garrett after the holidays to fit his pipes  :whoop:

Thinking of just rattle canning the bodywork white until I can afford a proper paint job.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pdxjim

Secret spy pic from Garrett.

Pretty fcuking stoked on the way these are turning out!

I'll be picking the bike up from him next week and will post up detail pics etc.

The weld detail progress pics he's sent over so far look fantastic!

... and YES, THEY ARE STAINLESS!!!!!! :metal:

GRA2STROKES

Yes that's the wife in the background checking quality control.
It's been a pleasure working on this bike. Yamaha did a fantastic job with the kickstand!

Garrett

m in sc

wow, that design fits the lc better than any other application ive seen them on.  :cheerleader: :toot:

pdxjim

Quote from: m in sc on June 20, 2020, 07:30:14 AM
wow, that design fits the lc better than any other application ive seen them on.  :cheerleader: :toot:

Yeah!  You'll notice on most all other sets of Millenniums they've been cut n shut where the head pipe meets the belly.  These fit perfect without being clocked and hug the footrest hanger like they were stamped out with the LC in mind

GRA2STROKES

I honestly think they will fit an rz just as well as the mounting points are so identical you will not be able to use the belly pan though. I do have an rz so it will be nice to fit them. It was nice not having to cut and twist them.

Garrett

m in sc

SoCal250

Those look great! They tuck in nicely. And SS too :nana:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

toffee

Quote from: pdxjim on June 20, 2020, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: m in sc on June 20, 2020, 07:30:14 AM

Yeah!  You'll notice on most all other sets of Millenniums they've been cut n shut where the head pipe meets the belly.  These fit perfect without being clocked and hug the footrest hanger like they were stamped out with the LC in mind

ih yes, im liking those pipes, love how the hug the underside of the hangers,
lovely fit and idea.
"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

pdxjim

Well ... after way too much time pushed in the back corner of the garage, I'm trying to get motivated to get back after the LC.

I have almost everything I need, just need a few basic parts and assembly.

Will focus on getting in running now as hearing this sweet beast fire up will push me on toward the finish line  :metal:

85RZwade

:celebrate: yes, yes! Today is a great day for bolting a bike together. Sure be cool to start it up and let it eat.
I post waayyy too much